Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What do you do with Google Spreadsheets?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, July 22, 2006
18 years ago2,721 views

Back here http://blogoscoped.com/forum/38257.html we where discussing what we COULD do with it, now I'm asking what HAVE you done with it?
The only (sensible) Idea I had was to change my Sudoku Board for Excel to one that works in GS, It's still rubish.
http://mrrix32.googlepages.com/test-room

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

basically, nothing..

its been a long time since ive even thought of it...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Didn't need it so far. I only manage a single Excel on my PC for taxes :)

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

i could say its simply of no use at all...................

Hope Google will remove it soon so that it can atleast save that bandwidth....

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I wonder what usage it actualy gets then? To startwith everyone was saying it's good now nobody seems to be using it!

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I never said it was good. But then again Excel is a good product I don't use it.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's not important for Google that it is used a lot now I think. From the moment they have some kind of user base and they get enough bug reporting and enough feature suggestion, it's enough for them. So they can build a solid product and when the moment is right they can start to promote a complete integrated office suite....

Sankar, I don't think they will remove this now... ;-)

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Microsoft Excel is fine for me...

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

well, I use it all day every day!

I have found that the sharing is tremendous... it is way more efficient and easy for bug and task tracking than Mantis...

We have a customer that demands that we track every moment we bill for them, so we do that in a shared sheet. We launched a new R&D project, and used it for a massive disconnected brainstorming pad. The list goes on and on! Honestly, In the past few weeks I have come so dependant on it that if they were to cut it, I would be quite distraught! It has been another productivity booster from google that has changed everything. I just hope MS comes up with an Excel version that you can share real time so that there is something to compete with this to cause it to advance faster!

Well, okay, maybe I AM more resourceful than most, but it comes down to, a hammer is just a piece of scrap unless you are creative and find a way to use it!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Travis? here?
no way..
im glad you came back :)

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Travis, you have me some good ideas, maybe I'm going to use it more now...

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<
Travis? here?
no way..
im glad you came back :)
>>

Thank you! ;o) I'm shocked I was missed.... I've been posting now and again, but my summer vacation meant I had to increase my schedule for a while!

(sorry to hijack thread)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!