Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics (minor update)

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, July 25, 2006
17 years ago2,248 views

I noticed a small update to Google Analytics today, hopefully its new to everyone and will become useful when you have one or many accounts tied to several Analytics accounts.

http://static.flickr.com/63/197870687_d2d6dada31_o.jpg

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't see this. How do you tie one or more accounts to your Analytics account?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That appears if you link your accounts togheter

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks Corsin. But how do you link them?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've had this since day one (except it used to be in the very top right of the page before it was moved a few months ago). When you add users via the Access Manager, they get this drop down to select which Analytics account they want to view.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Its there for me. It may have to do with the fact that you might be sharing another Analytics account and your permission as User or Admin (like i have). So if you have your own Analytics account you'll see it on the drop-down plus any other accounts from other people.

Piotr Konieczny [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

dpneal:

You should create another GA account, then set up a profile for your webpage and assign external users with admin rights (point to your first account).

However, there was a bug with this feature, at least for me & my friends.
http://blog.konieczny.be/2006/06/18/a-nasty-bug-in-google-analytics/

In short: I created a bogus profile and assigned a few of my friends to it. Friends, who had own GA account already.
The problem was, that all people I picked up could see my bougs profile only (Their old profiles dissapeared. It wasn't possible to switch between profiles, because top-right menu was not available to them). You can imagine how terrified they were – "It seems, that all data is lost" :-)

After few days however, top-right menu was implemented for them, and they could access old log files.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!