Forum

Nofollow Free  (View post)

Juan [PersonRank 0]

Friday, January 21, 2005
19 years ago

the arguments are here
http://xeoweb.bitacoras.com/2005/01/19/contra-el-no-follow/
in spanish

some seem to be afraid that the tag can be used elsewhere to link but not giving pagerank (like in mutual links)

some seem not to like that what they post will be ignored by google (I think they do not understand)

too long to read,sorry

Fran [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

That post doesn't say nothing about PageRank or posts Ignored. Please, Read arguments, Juan.

Arguments are similars to www.linkcondom.com.

NoFollow don't stop comment spam like search engines say in their blogs.

Corni [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

"soll man laut Google, Yahoo und MSN Links versehen, um die Suchmaschinen davon abzuhalten, die verlinkte Seite zu indexieren."
http://www.itst.org/nonofollow/

verständnisfrage, habe die ganze diskussion über dieses neue link-attribut nicht wirklich verfolgt: stimmt es was die schreiben, oder wird ein nofollow-link nur nicht in die rankingberechnung einer webseite einbezogen.

Fran [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Juan, you don't understand the difference between an example (a thought of some users, not mine), and my point of view. That's only an example.

Don't care PageRank. Don't see your arguments. I'll never remove a link credit of one phpbb forum, but some people will use nofollow tag because they are worry for the pagerank of the site, for outgoing links. NoFollow tag will be used for websites in general, not only for blogs. That's the real problem. Search Engines say "Stop Comment Spam". That's not true.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Corni, you are right, the nofollow attribute won't keep Google from indexing the page one links to. The article you linkt to seems to confuse some issues. Of course, if it's the only link to a page it may be indexed slower...

19 years ago #

Juan, please do not post Spanish here. I can only maintain English or German posts in this forum, because I only fluently speak those two languages and I'm somewhat responsible for what is said here. If you want to re-post your comment in English, I have the original available via email.

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I posted mostly quotes to show what I was talking about and I consider your attitude as censoring.

I you quote a text as original, it is in the original language right? you sure can understand that.

You should asked me first before removing anything.

Not fair and not good from you.

And there are more languages in the world, if I do not understand I ask or try to translate but not discard what other people have to say.

This is very bad for the reputation of your weblog and I consider it discriminating.

19 years ago #

Juan, you are right, I should have given you a chance to translate it first. You will find your full post below. I will from now on include a note next to the submit button "English only." This will avoid any confusion. I do not discrimate, I just need to read and understand every post in this forum, so that I can administrate it – while I trust YOU say the right things, I do not know everybody here does, and soon this would become a place to spam, advertise, talk about illegal things, and so on. Trust me, this happens in English every day, so I delete *a lot* of English posts here every day.
--------------

Fran, y esto que es?

Ya estoy viendo a algunos (por poner un ejemplo) poner los créditos de los foros PHPBB con el atributo No Follow, para que no se les vaya el PageRank, para no dar enlaces desde todas las páginas del foro. ¿Triste, no?

¿He hablado de PageRank en los 11 motivos que he dado?

..Si alguien me recrimina algo del PageRank es que no lee este blog con mucha frecuencia. Por cierto, no sé ni que PageRank tiene este blog.

y varios más, no voy a perder tiempo, LEELO!

Juan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

OK

the quotes are from the page which are authored by Fran. I did not know when I replied. I have to re-read, but the text quoted is what I translated in the two english sentences I posted.

But I am not sure if I fully understand what Fram means now. He says the post says nothing about pagerank (the fear of losing it if one links to other that uses the nofollow in return) but that IS in the text.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!