Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Use your Regional Languages in Gtalk

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 28, 2006
18 years ago2,229 views

since gtalk is a unicode supported language my friend wrote an easy tutorial to use any language in gtalk...

my friend was researching with unicode supported applications. Many of us were not aware of Unicode (a Encoding technique with 64 bits of Character sets) that are native in some of our OS. Generally most of us are using Windows XP, in which the support for unicode is much wider. According to Srinivasan, one can use thier own languages in any unicode supported applications. Some of Unicode supported applications are Gtalk, Msn Messenger etc.

He used Tamil a south indian language as default language for instant messaging. We are never aware of this great feature by which we can use Instant messengers like gtalk, msn for communicating in our own language. He has written a detailed tutorial on how to use tamil in unicode supported languages in his blog. His tricks works well for Tamil Language only.

For other Languages, you can go to Tavultesoft Keyman and select your language keyboard but for installing this keyboards you need keyman console. After installing both of them, you can use your regional languages in any unicode supported applications. I just tried using hindi in gtalk and it works fine………..

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!