Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail FAQ

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, June 27, 2004
20 years ago

This thread is for comments, additions, corrections and questions on the Unofficial Gmail FAQ.
http://blogoscoped.com/gmail-faq.html

[This thread is also for any of the frequently asked Gmail questions that pop up.]

john [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

gmail is awesome

Mark [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

It is good but I have a few issues with it already.

Has anyone noticed that large amounts of text pasted into emails get clipped? There is a message at the 'end' of the email saying [Message clipped] and I can't find a way to unclip it and display the whole message. If you click 'More options' to the right of an email, you can select 'Show original' but that tends to display the whole message with page breaks and other HTML corruption.

I've noticed sometimes that downloaded text files (from attachments) also become corrupt or reformatted.

When you send an email to yourself, perhaps with an attachment, deleting it from 'Sent Mail' results in it being deleted from your inbox too. I don't understand why they are connected.

There is no way to tell which attachments are 'illegal' either. Google, to my knowledge, hasn't provided a list. You can always rename exes to 'renametoexe' or something so that it will get through. Others I've found to be illegal are .bat and .lnk extensions but only through having the mail returned.

From what I can tell, archiving provides no apparent advantage over just having all your mail in your inbox. Messages are not compressed, nor are they available to view in their own Archive folder. It just confuses things.

These are the things I have come across in about a week of testing. There is also the usual stuff like not being able to import address books etc but these are being looked at by Google and hopefully should be implemented at some point.

Other than that, it's a bit wicked.

If anyone reads this, let me know if you find any solutions.

Cheers
Robo

Mark [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Oh yeah, the other thing is when you read a text attachment within Gmail, the text is not wrapped to the window so it's very hard to read.

Robo

20 years ago #

As for attachments, I heard renaming the extension from .exe or .vbs or so to .txt would help get around Google's virus protection.

Robert [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

> From what I can tell, archiving provides no apparent
> advantage over just having all your mail in your inbox.

It has the advantage of getting the conversation _out_ of your inbox, so you can see the rest. There's "All Mail" if you want to see it all together.

John Bloch [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

I have a g mail account however for some reason my pass word willnot work and when I ask for a new one I do not receive any response. What up and how can I contact Google?

Malakai Lewis [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Hi, just wondering if u could get me a gmail invitation as i have been looking for 1 for some time now with no luck.

Thanx
malakai25[put at-character here]hotmail.com

nils [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

can you use outlouk for gmail

nils [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

how much posts you got to do @ blogger to get an invitation for gmail

20 years ago #

I saw some blogs which were created for the sole reason of attracting a Gmail accoung. And apparently, that wasn't successful. I got a Gmail via my Blogger-Pro account, but I was a daily blogger before Gmail. I'm not sure it is possible to create a Blogger.com account now to get Gmail. In any way the public Gmail might not be far away...

John [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

In regards to the question, "How do I automatically convert my Hotmail or Yahoo Mail address book to a GMail address book?" I just wanted to note that GMail now lets you upload a CSV file. Refer to http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8301

GT [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

If you want to compare Hotmail and Gmail, you can get
an Gmail account from http://Ebay.com for about $3. And you can use http://www.GTransfer.com to transfer your hotmail to gmail online.

krishna [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

i cnt find new user login button on da main page...

20 years ago #

Krishna, there is no new user login button on the main page because Gmail is not yet open for the public. It is currently invite only.

Tom McFadden [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

What type of attachments can't I receive with G-Mail?

20 years ago #

You can't receive things that look like a virus, like *.vbs or *.exe or similar. Even when you zip those. But as soon as you rename the extension to *.txt it should work. However I would need to try it out to know for sure...

Ammo [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

I got a gmail account and haven't been able to open any email that i got for a month now. It always says "oops the system was unable to process..." Anybody know what that's all about?

20 years ago #

Ammo, I had this problem for two days. But one month is really bad! Did you write to the Gmail support?

tez [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Just noticed that NetworkPunk has just released a Gmail hacker
http://www.networkpunk.com/?q=taxonomy/page/or/81

Sean McGrane [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Thanks for putting up this faq page. I've been trying to hit up my friends for an invite but always seem to be a day late and a dollar short. Still nice to get a peek and see what all the fuss is about through your eyes.

macclaine [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

btw, gmail runs in safari, too.
:)

Jessica Thompson [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hi Philipp :-)

Do you have any more Gmail invites today?

Jessica_diva[put at-character here]hotmail.com

I'd love one!

J

19 years ago #

No Gmail invites to get here at the moment. Anybody who's interested keep watching the blog.

Gilson Soares [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

An interesting thing to share is:
the dot (".") in the email name is completly optional.
So email sent to
philipp.lenssen[put at-character here]gmail.com
or
philipplenssen[put at-character here]gmail.com
or
p.h.i.l.i.p.p.l.e.n.s.s.e.n[put at-character here]gmail.com
will arrive to the same mailbox

:)

-GIlson Soares
gilson.soares[put at-character here]gmail.com
gilsonsoares[put at-character here]gmail.com
gil.son.soa.res[put at-character here]gmail.com

São Paulo, SP
BRAZIL
2004-aug-25 01:49h GMT

Nate [PersonRank 5]

19 years ago #

You might want to update the question about importing/exporting contacts, because now you can import...at least using CSV.

Brendan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

What HTTP Server URL should I fill in when using Outlook Express to read my Gmail?

19 years ago #

Brendan, you can't use Outlook Express to access your Gmail – not at the moment.

Indrajith [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Can Gmail be used for commercial purposes say , business communications ?

19 years ago #

Nate, thanks, it's added

Indrajith, according to the Gmail program policies at http://www.google.com/gmail/help/program_policies.html you are not allowed to, quote:

# Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any Gmail account
# Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Gmail Service
# Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Gmail Service
# Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Gmail Service
# Use the Gmail Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing

Prateek Bhargava [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have a few invites, anyone interested get in touch thru this thread

tommy [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

hi,

does anybody know when google will stop attaching invitations to new gmail accounts?

cheers!

Jared Ford [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How do I change my gmail account name from what it currently is ?

Thanks,

Jared

19 years ago #

Jared, I'm afraid you can't – you can only choose a new Gmail account (wait for an invitation, or once it's public, reserve another one). However you can add special words to your email by separating them using the + operator. Like: philipp.lenssen+public[put at-character here]gmail.com (as opposed to just philipp.lenssen[put at-character here]gmail.com).

Mike Trittipo [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Is there a way to turn off (omit) the reply-to field in gmail's headers? Not just to change it from user[put at-character here]gmail.com to user_elsewhere[put at-character here]alternate.address.org; to turn off the reply-to header completely, so there is no reply-to field on the sent message at all. It's inconvenient to have to go to settings each time for each different list to change the reply-to to that list's address (for semi-munging, i.e., add-if-absent-but-respect-if-present lists).

Cecilia Russo [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I am in the British Virgin Islands and i haven't been able to accces Gmail for the past five days.

I'll apreciate if you can send me an answer to ceciliagrusso[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Thank you

Cecilia Russo [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I am in the British Virgin Islands and i haven't been able to accces Gmail for the past five days.

I'll apreciate if you can send me an answer to ceciliagrusso[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Thank you

zobaerkarim [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hi, i zobaerkarim from bangladesh. I try several times to get get free gmail account but i get nothing. Atlast i come to u'r home to get a free gmail account. Can u give me a free gmail account.
My mail address is

zobaerkarim[put at-character here]yahoo.com

Thanks
zobaerkarim
Rubia Mansion
7/A/1 Zakir Hossain Road
South Khulshi
Chittagong
Bangladesh

Jan Brown [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I just recieved a gmail account, and I love it so far. My one question is, is there a way to customize it (colour, themes, etc)? Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jan Brown
jan.brown[put at-character here]gmail.com

rzr [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

what about privacy ?

sabitha [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have got a free gmail invitation and i could create one account .But i didnt get the 6 free gmail invitaions to invite my friends. Why did this happen?

19 years ago #

Sabitha, you don't necessarily get six Gmail invites. No one knows how exactly Gmail invites are handed out, and there's no "guarantee" ever.

Shellie Couch [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How do you view pictures that are embedded in the message?

ramakrishnaaedula [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

ramu_ad[put at-character here]yahoo.com

Yannick Mückenhirn [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

Shellie, you need to press the "show external images" link in the message that you want.

Yannick Mückenhirn ® http://noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

Pawel Dudeski [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hello,
I am not able to send compositions through gmail – I click the send button, but nothing happens. What should I do?
Cheers, Pawel

Brent Armstrong [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Can I send an email to more than 1 person or everyone in my cantacts at once?

Brent Armstrong [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

[moved]

Can I send an email to my full contact list at once?

Vipul Kapadia [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

You can access gmail on your WAP phone using http://www.gmailwireless.com

tak [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

What is the Archive botten for?

tak [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

What is the Archive botten for? and what is the Archive?

19 years ago #

Brent Amstrong, for now, the only option that you have to send a message to all your list is to make this:

Add a new contact and name it "All" or any other name that you want. Then, in the e-mail bar, write all the addresses in following this example:
   "username1[put at-character here]msn.com>,<username2[put at-character here]yahoo.com>,<username3[put at-character here]gmail.com"

*without the quoutes
**no spaces between the ">,<" symbols
***without the "<" sign at the first element of the group and without the ">" at the last element of the group

Hope this works for you, for now.

19 years ago #

tak, the Archive purpose is to take out a message from the "Inbox" label. The message will remain "invisible" in the Archive and if you want to access it anytime, you can go to the "All Mail" label or via search.

Ernesto Sabato [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

¿Siempre va a ser gratis Gmail?¿Siempre va a tener 1 GB?¿No me compran un libro?

Uzi [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

how can i get a gmail account ?

Md. Shafi Uddin [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How i will get a new gmail account ?
rxstars[put at-character here]yahoo.com

www.geocities.comrxstars

Chris [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Is it possible to write html email with Gmail?

I want to paste some pictures in my email like I have been doing with Yahoo mail

Lionel Do [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hi, I would love to become a Beta-Tester for Gmail. Let me know how can I do... Thanks! ;-)
My address is chandl_er[put at-character here]hotmail.com

19 years ago #

Ernesto Sabato, si, hasta la fecha Gmail seguirá siendo gratis y seguirá con 1GB.

Uzi, you can join Gmail via Invitation.

Chris, for now is not possible to write a html e-mail with Gmail, for sure in the final version. You can receive html e-mails, but you can't write them.

chirag [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Not bad

Sarah P [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have recently recieved gmail. And I think it
is pretty damn good. I was just wondering, would Google be making some
sort of skin/template for people. Just that the look of it reminds me
alot of yahoo.. And it would be cool to see something a little bit
more different. I know the features aren't the same, but maybe we can
add skins for people?
Ok, thats is all. Have fun..

kishore [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i have tried to put a signature into my gamil account.
all r fine
aftere i logged out its not storing my signature.
y?

19 years ago #

kishore, did you use a plain text signature?

Jeremy Wong [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How can i send out gmail invitations?

19 years ago #

Jeremy, you may or may not have invitations in your Gmail account to send out. If you have them, you will (currently) see a blue bar over the inbox. If you don't see this bar then well, wait some weeks, you might get invitations.

tiger tiger [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

When will it be possible to use application like outlook express with GMail.

Raul Contreras [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

While the browser on the PocketPC is not supported by GMAIL, is there some workaround to using GMAIL on a PocketPC?

Luca [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

to tiger tiger

google 4 "pop goes gmail" or go
http://jaybe.org/downloads.htm
here

store [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

What is the upper limit for the file size attached in Gmail?

19 years ago #

store, with Gmail you can send and receive attachments up to 10 MB.

Edgardo Vazquez [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hi, i activated my Gmail account today but the invite bar dont appear in my browser why is this? i want to invite some friends that are very interested in Gmail, Please Help Me

19 years ago #

Edgardo, actually the Invitations are some kind random. I receive my first invitation 2 months after I opened my account.

Dhanashree Prakash [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Can somebody invite me ? .. even i want one G- Mail account
my rediff id is dhanashree1087[put at-character here]rediffmail.com

Varun [PersonRank 3]

19 years ago #

I had a gmail account which was my full name. However i did not know what i was doing so i closed the program and opened it up then when i went to type my email ad it said that it was not available. Not many people have my first and last name so plz help

19 years ago #

Varun, it sounds like you landed on an invitation page, and someone else took it? In that case there's nothing you can do about it. Or did you simply lose your password?

Parvana Busha [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I sent a mail to my friend at yahoo mail. When she tried to send me a reply it did not go thru and I did not receive it.

How do I check this?

Aaron [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I saw on my gmail accouunt, under the contacts link yesterday a link that had a cdrom picture followed by the word atom and when I clicked on it it brought up alot of jubberish, what is this

19 years ago #

Aaron, what you saw was XML – it is actually intended for machines to read. You will need a special program to understand this "news feed": something supporting "Atom". My first suggestion is http://www.bloglines.com for general RSS/ Atom feeds. Basically, it's just an XML file telling "this is my headline, this is my description, this my link" and so on, for many items. Similar to this blog's http://blogoscoped.com/rss.xml

Krzychu. [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

"I don't see any Gmail ads. What's wrong?" ?????
Mayby you change it to
"I have clean emails, what is good about it?"

[Signature removed. -Ed.]

Darnell Clayton [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I keep getting an error everytime I try to log into Gmail from certain computers. The error reads as follows:

Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on.

Would you have any advice to fixing this?
hidden_nook[put at-character here]yahoo.com

Varun Soni [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I read something about Gamil being fast because it uses DHTML, which also prevents some browsers from viewing it. I currently have a Gmail account but am unable to access it from my house computer. Could it be the browsers problem and how do I solve it ?

19 years ago #

Varun, which browser are you using on which operating system?

Larry Hurd [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Can't log in to my GMAIL. Browser cycles between redirect and loading.

19 years ago #

Larry, clean up you cache, then try again.

NAZIM KASTUL [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

n_kastul[put at-character here]gmail.com please &#305; have to need

19 years ago #

Nazim, actually Gmail does not accept any character but numbers, letters and/or dots.

narayanan [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

i am facing the oops message problem whenver i am trying to send a message. Not even once have i been able to send my message without this message poping up. It's so frustrating and disgusting. Is there any fix for it?

landismom [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I have 2 gmail account invites--going to the first two people to email me.

landismom[put at-character here]gmail.com

Iwona Lizak [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How many times can an invite be used – I have a valid one but my friend back in Poland has a greater need – can we use the same invite register both of us? Many thanks.

iwonalizak[put at-character here]hotmail.com

19 years ago #

Iwona, one invite can be used only one time to open one account. You can give away your invite to your friend and later look for another one for you.

Sarah King [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Does gmail offer web storage for items other than emails? I get a lot of emails but no where close to 1000MB. If not, do they plan to add the feature later- I would like to use the storage for my own website.

19 years ago #

Sarah, you can visit: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm to use Gmail as a storage drive, but beware, because its against Gmail Terms of Use.

Chen Jacky [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have Gmail invite, but I'm not invite to anyone.Can invitation experied ?

19 years ago #

Chen, the invitation will not begin to expire until you send it to someone. Once you send it, the invitation will expire in 21 days.

Rafael Martinez [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

After signing in, message "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on." I can't get to my Gmail, please use rmartinf[put at-character here]puc.cl for any answer.

19 years ago #

Rafael, ¿qué web browser estás utilizando? Tienes que verificar que ningun programa (ej. ZoneAlarm) te esté bloqueando las cookies. Si estas utilizando como browser el Internet Explorer, verifica que tengas habilitadas las cookies.

Mahyar Farahmad [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Where can i send bugs or any suggestions to this beta version og G-mail?

19 years ago #

Mahyar, to suggest a feature yo can go here: http://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_suggest/

and for bugs and technical issues, yo can go here: http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?troubleshoot=1

For the 2 urls, you need to be logged on in your Gmail account.

NewBe [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Nice faq. I'll be suggesting this to the Gmail Resource.

RD Harding [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I click on Invite to Gmail and nothing happends Java is active.
IE 6.0 with sp2

Jan-Bas Bollen [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

hi
safari 1.2 gives me an nearly empty screen at
http://gmail.google.com/gmail

nearly, because it says 'loading' in the top left corner

i tried opening the url with explorer but that needs
activeX – not available on a mac

do you have a suggestion?
jb

19 years ago #

RD, try using Firefox. Jan-Bas, clear up the cache and if the problem persist, try Firefox also.

sen [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

yes i going to wail for this profile

Sen

Steph [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I can't seem to find where I download attatchments sent to me. How do I do this?

19 years ago #

Steph, there is a link next to the files attached named "Download", press that link and you will be able to download the respective attachment. Now, if you are waiting for an e-mail containing an ".exe", Google does not permit that kind of attachments.

Abhinav Gupta [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

May I know when Gmail began; on what idea was its inception based; what persuaded Google to come up with Gmail?

19 years ago #

Abhinav, as far as I know, Google come up with Gmail because e-mail is the number one thing that people do on internet, second is search. Gmail is in beta phase since April 2004. For more information about Gmail and what it makes so different from other webmails, you can go to: http://gmail.google.com/gmail/help/about.html

Best regards!

Tom V Mathew [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How to enable Java Script and Cookies in IE and other browsers supported by gmail

Muhammad Imran [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

will i have a pop access for gmail account?

Ishwar Singh [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I want to sign up for new g mail account. Pl tell me how can i do this. or send me the link please......

Bloop.. secret! [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Ok.. I've been invited.. or so I've been told.. what do I do now?

john J [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How can I delete the gmail user name from my pc after logout

Alka Gurung [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hi
   My fren wants to open new gmail account. I already have gmail account but nomore invitaion left. Once of my fren have sent me again a invitaion. I haven't click on that link yet.So now if i sent that link to my fren(who want to open gmail account), will it work? Will it allow him to create new account since that link is not used yer. So please suggest me how can i help to my fren to open a new gmail account.

Alka

Yaacov Koren [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

How can i add a signature picture to Gmail.

19 years ago #

Alka, if the link is not used, surely you can use it to open a new account.

Yaacov, I put the explanation in the other topic Gmail icon generator: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/3508.html

Polis [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

A myth or not: 1GB of Gmail storage.

[Yes, it's true. -Ed.]

Sam [PersonRank 3]

19 years ago #

[Keep address and username?]

i was just wondering whether gmail going public will affect the accounts of beta users..? will they be able keep the same username and email address etc?
thanks

[I sure think so, yes! – Ed.]

Prabhu S [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I use IE version 6.0.. in Win2000
..but I am not able to access my account
when I submit my username&paaswd a page appears indicting loading but that' it.. no loading actually happens, why?

I could acces on WInXP

Louis [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Excellent Faq. I added it to the list of Gmail Faqs at the Gmail Resource. http://www.gmailresource.net/

anonymous [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

how do you send invitations to people who want gmail?

P.Chester [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

What's this I hear about Gmail and the 1 gig maddness it has in store for it's users? How long will that take to get to the general public.

Sachin Gurav [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Is there any alternative URL to Gmail.google.com because I cannot access in my office.please any solution for this
Thanking You

fredde [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

is it possible to use gmail with for example msn messenger or other messenger systems?

Freda Warner [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

My friends and I all tried Gmail but were all disapointed for the same reason. Unlike hotmail, Gmail does not offer different backround colours and fonts for it's messages, any chance that this will happen in the near futur or should we stick with hotmail?
Thank You

19 years ago #

anonymous, to send invitations, you have to press the red link named below the labels. Enter the first and last name of the person that you want to give the invitation and voila.

P.Chester, no one knows when Gmail will went public, but I can assure you that will be soon.

Sachin Gurav, " http://www.gmail.com " also leads you to the login page.

fredde, you can use any e-mail address with MSN Messenger via Passport.

Freda Warner, what you point out are in the "feature suggestion" list. Maybe in the next weeks or months that will be available.

Rick Smith [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I know this is off post but the library project is awesome!!! Go Google!!

I'm a little puzzled, what's the best way to secure an email account, I've obviously not been invited yet.

I've been waiting for something to open up, but things seem to be moving (in terms of these days) pretty slow. Or so it seems. Will there be a general roll-out in the near term?

Thanks,
Rick[put at-character here]Smith-Assocs(nospam).com

Eric Mota [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I am wondering if we can create folders to organize mail ??

Chuck Jones [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

What do i type in when a program is asking for my smtp server and i am using G?Mail?

Diskill [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

When will Google release Gmail to the public? (as in "not beta")

19 years ago #

Rick Smith and Diskill, there is no release date already.

Erick Mota, G//ail uses "Labels" instead of folders to organize your mail. One "Conversation" can have one or many "Labels".

Chuck Jones, the smtp server is: smtp.g//ail.com

Yannick Mückenhirn ® noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

bronya clayton [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

can i change my account name?if not how do i cancel the account?

19 years ago #

bronya clayton,

"If you decide that you don't need your G//ail account anymore, you can delete the service. To close your G//ail account, just follow these steps:

1. Click 'Settings' at the top of any G//ail page.
2. Click 'Account Settings.'
3. Click 'Delete G//ail Service' along the left side, under 'Delete Account.'
4. Enter all information into the appropriate fields, and check the box next to 'Yes, I want to remove G//ail from my account.'
5. Click 'Remove G//ail.'

Please keep in mind that once you close your G//ail account, you can't reactivate it, and you won't be able to retrieve any emails. After a certain period of time, G//ail recycles your username, so we can't guarantee that it will be available if you decide to open another G//ail account."

Source: G//ail Help: How do I cancel my G//ail account? @ http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8152&topic=36

Yannick Mückenhirn ® noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

jc [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Ok first of all I was just wondering if there was any other way besides buying an account off ebay to get one. If so can someone please reply quickly, I have a friend that has some to give out, but I don't know if he is or not though.

vanita anil nigoo [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Sir,

How do i check that how many invitations are left in my account..

What is the url for that..

Regards,
VANIGOO

19 years ago #

vanita anil nigoo, if your account have a red link bellow the "labels" box, you have invitations left. The red link will say how many of them you have.

Mat Sullivan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I just signed up for Gmail last night and received my first piece of spam within an hour. I imagine it's because my account name is basically my name with a period in the middle.

Is there a way to change my account name?

19 years ago #

Mat, there's no way to change your email because it's also your user name. However you can get a new email if you have an invitation. You may also give out specific emails to your friends, like if your email is yourname[put at-character here]gmail.com, you can also receive yourname+family[put at-character here]gmail.com.

paul crowley [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i got a gmail invite of a friend and also have learnt that you dont invites to give out on special days its oddd really all it is that when you get your first gmail invites which come at any moment its unpredictable but they apear in the labels section in red anyway you only get more if after your first set givern out get activated or used very quickly or not evan used then you may get 1 or more depending on the results of the invitaions also it is great due to the fact i have had no advertisements or spam atall yet.

raja sekar [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

remainder & Notes to remember the important things and activities to people. so it is required

Nikki Husat [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Why can I not see pictures or images in the body of a message? Are there settings that I can adjust to change this?

Michelle [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

What about sending e-mail? Will be available on Plain Text, HTML or both options?

Morgan Pierce Welk [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[Loosing ISP, need good http mail!]

It looks like I'll be sharing an internet connection in the near future (wireless revolution), therefore losing my ISP POP mail. I'm in search of a reliable, powerful http email client. I am aware of the much anticipated service that isn't yet out to the public at this time, but I'm hoping I can hang on to the ISP long enough so I can use it as the replacement. Anybody have a foggy pub date?

Ricardo Guzman [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

i love this game

HPS boy [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

all that is fine but how come the other email services arent able to provide such services....and theres got to be glitch in the whole thing...if there isnt anythin wrong....gr8!!!

Gerardo Betancourt [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hello, i'd really like to get an Gmail acount. please...

19 years ago #

Gerardo, está prohibido pedir invitaciones de G//ail aquí en este foro. Busca entre los mensajes que han dejado para que visites una dirección donde puedes conseguir una invitación gratis.

Mickael [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

How can I sort email by size ?
I would like to delete the biggest emails with attachment
Mickael
faivrem[put at-character here]gmail.com

RudoPh [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Thanks abouth that FAQ... Helped me alot!

Mark Rice [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have one computer that will not log on to Gmail. (WinXP, cookies deleted, antivirus off, popups allowed, security set to low)

Any ideas why?

Please reply to markrice[put at-character here]comcast.net

antony [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

can i use thunderbird to check my mail?

19 years ago #

Mickael, right now you can't sort mail by size. One thing that you can do is use the search feature to see only the messages that have attachments. Use this in the search bar: "has:attachment" without the quotes.

antony, sure you can. Visit the following link (have to be logged to view the instructions): http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13285

Jairam Basnet [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

hi this is good programme.

ngo quang huy [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

how can I invite another

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

re:ngo quang
Whe you login to your account look on the top right (next to settings) you will see a link in red saying "Invite friends to Gmail". click that link and invite your friends.

if you don't see that link, it means you don't have any invitations.

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

Out of curiosity.. Any ideas of number of subscribers for Gmail so far? did anyone read anything like this?

uma tiwari [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Great information but should have mentioned disadvanages too (for example privacy threat...).

thomas d wills [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

does it have a spell check feature ?

Alice Frankel [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

My regular e-mail is: a622906[put at-character here]actcom.net.il and for ***** mail I opened an e-mail baba66[put at-character here] but when I open Outlook Express mail then I give my regular password, not the password I gave for my *******mail account. The screen for Outlook asks for my regular password and then the screen shows the mail is downloading and how many pieces of mail and then a small screen with baba66[put at-character here]**** is coming on top of the Outlook Express screen asking for my password for the ****** account. I type it in and it says that :

Problem logging onto your mail server. Your password was rejected. Server pop.*****.com Protocol POP3 . Server response ERR(AUTH) Username and password are not accepted Port 995 Secure Yes Server ERR OX800CCC90 and 92
What did I do wrong when I started my *****? I have as yet never received or sent e-mail with that account

Marc Rossi [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hello i'd really like an Account, Anyone willin to Help me? please :-)

guillremogenes [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

spanish

"-" [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Well, now I have another problem! How do I get into Orkut? Is this like the (secret word: Google's mail servicel invite only thing?

Hm.

19 years ago #

Ades, I think that there are probably near a million users so far, but Maybe Philipp can say a most accurate number.

thomas, yes. G//ail have a spell checker.

guillermo, if you have any question in spanish, post it. Yo trataré de contestártela.

"-", yes. To enter in Orkut you need an invitation. If you wish one, let me know.

Michael King [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hi all, Just been looking around at this Mail service.

Looks very good, my friend has one and he says its excellent.

Havent heard anything about SMTP but have about POP3 which is always good. Anyways I cant wait until, well if, it opens to public, because I cant wait until I can get one of my own. :D

Thanks

Raju.Annigeri [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How Can I Change My l ID name ?

19 years ago #

Raju, actually you can't change your ID.

Joe [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

HTML formatted emails accessed via POP3 arrive in Outlook unformatted. Does Google not support HTML emails via POP3?

abdul munim gafur [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

dear phillip,
thank you for the info on this page.
it's been a greate pleasure in reading.and found,
lot of intresting information.
thank you
amgafur
amgafur[put at-character here]gmail.com

Rahim [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

good question joe. i want to know the same. help philipp!

19 years ago #

This could be a bug. G//ail natively doesn't even support sending HTML. The configuration help is here:
http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=gmail&answer=12103&rand=0.6111309814553888

Deborah [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Can I BCC a group of people at one time? If so how do I go about doing that?

pradeep kumar [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Now i have a ID in beta version. if it goes to public after few weeks, would i still have the same id or need to register for a new Id?

John Webster [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How do I move an exisiting message to be part of an existing "conversation" ?

wildcat2000[put at-character here]gmail.com

19 years ago #

Deborah,
Add a new contact and name it "All" or any other name that you want. Then, in the e-mail bar, write all the addresses like in following this example:
"username1[put at-character here]msn.com>,<username2[put at-character here]yahoo.com>,<username3[put at-character here]gmail.com"

*without the quoutes
**no spaces between the ">,<" symbols
***without the "<" sign at the first element of the group and without the ">" at the last element of the group

pradeep,
I think that you will keep the ID that you have right now.

madhu [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Hai.This was extremely useful.Thanks and keep going

Catalin Hars [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I read the FAQ but nowhere is mention about the attachment limit.
What is the maximum size for the attachment sent or reveived?

19 years ago #

Catalin, the maximum attachment size is 10 MB.

EM [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

[Can't sign in]

I came to sign in at my computer at work this morning, and even though I'm using the right password it keeps telling me your session has expired. Every time I try to sign in, I keep getting this message. I have used the program at work before without problems. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Jonathan C [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[Gmail for public?]

Hi there! Will it be available for the public someday ? These services are pretty nice and it has to be offered soon! hehe

TK [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Are you all associated with google or something? If not where is this knowledge coming from?

sugumar [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

very nice web site

John Maffeo [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[changing your Gmail account name]

I created a username for my Gmail login, Can I change it? if so, How?

carlos calub [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

my gmail account doesn’t show the invite people to gmail link. help me guys!!!

Charles [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[sign-up of gmail]

I received an invitation of gmail sign-up. But the link goes to the bad link page.

How could I get the right link?

Frust. trying to be user [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Posted this question in forum before I found this category, so hope I can get an answer HERE.
   Where is the help section in gmail. Set up an account and can’t sign it, the second time I tried to use it.
The email address I put in for “the can’t remember password” entry says it’s not valid but I’m sure it’s the right one because it was the one with the original email link to open account with g mail.
When trying to register again with that link, says that link already used to set up a gmail account.
Why the heck don’t they have a help section you can easily find!!!!!!

Frust. trying to be user [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Looking for a contact that I can have someone answer not just a FAQ help section.

Thanks

lisa van de pas [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[GMAIL Down?]

I cannot connect to www.gmail.com. This has been the case for already a week now. Very annoying. I have not changed anything. What can I do?? Please help!!
thank you
regards,
Lisa
lisavandepas[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Andrea Fernandez [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[How can I transfer my mails from my old yahoo account to my new gmail account?]

I really want to have all my mails in just one account and my old yahoo account is too little. I was wondering if it is possible to transfer my old mails to my new account preserving the dates and all the original data for it makes it easier for me to search in my mail....

universe [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[connection probs]

Hi,I have a problem with gmail login.The notifier doesn’t work and I have the error msg:cannot log in to mailbox(12029).
I can’t see my mails more than 24hours now!
Sometimes this happened again few weeks ago but for a couple of hours only.
I can’t reach the log in page even if I don’t use notifier.
Do you have an idea guys?
Thanxxx in advanced!

SONU [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I like to change username of my GMAIL Account. How can i do it.

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

It is simple... Get a new one...

Caleb [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Ya, then set up the old one to auto forward

Underscore [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

What is the deal with Gmail? is it really going up to 2GB? that would be awsome........are they still giving out invites and stuff?

EBiase [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[Can't Access Inbox]

Hello!I had an invitation that a friend gave me and today I opened a gmail account. When I log in I can go as far as My Account but I can not see my Inbox..
Am I doing something wrong?
Thank in advance

Stafford [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[Can't enter UserID]

I can’t access the gmail home page. Does anybody know what I’ve done to enrage the gmail gods?

Walmer [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

ha your a funny satanist

Sinead [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[Problems with Gmail??]

for the last week i have been having problems on a DAILY BASIS with accessing my gmail. Why is this?? It won’t let me into my inbox AT ALL!!!
I can open up the gmail notifier on my taskbar and see the first line of emails, but then when i try to open inbox it sends me to the log-in page over and over and over and over and over again! HELP!
No point in having htis email address if it’s not that reliable?

Araksya Kennard [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[I can't sign in back into my account]

I have been using Gmail for more than a month, and I even sent a lot ov invitations to my friends. I like it. But the problem is that those last couple days Gmail home page doesn’t open, I can’t even type my Login ans password. It says "Loading..." and does nothing. What’s wrong? Can you help me?

Thanks

Mike And Lisa Wilson [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[Cant Accsess My Account]

Hi we have g mail but have not been able to access it foe awhile now. What could be wrong? Sorry I should have added that when we try to get into the account what we get is The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. But we havnt changed a thing

Thanks for your help
Mike and Lisa

Sam Chan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Is now Gmail still offering free testing accounts to public ? Is the mail volume provided by Gmail now reaching 2GB ? How can I join such testing plan ? Thank you.

sam_ok[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Sameer Katarpanch [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have been using Gmail since last week. I like it.

But since last couple days Gmail home page doesn’t open, I can’t even type my Login and password. What’s wrong? Can you help me?

tan f [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[moved]

heys guys...wats wrong with gmail....my account doesnt load.i can use my account.i use internet explorer and i have no cache prob.
is gmail working for all? does anyone else have the same prob as mine?

Joseph Daniel [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[moved]

Hi! I don’t seem to have received any of my mail for the last week or more – is there any gmail-help site – HELP!

Mr Weak [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[My Gmail Account is not Available!]

Hi there, thanks for Gmail service!

I created my Gmail account, with a First Name and Last Name. But later on, I wanted to change them. All what I did is to change them in the Gmail Account, but they didnt change in the Gmail as it should be!

Unfortunately I tryed to delete all accounts and re-create them again.

But the account is not available as the site says!

Well, in Gmail sign in site it says that there is not account with that name!

Hope anyone help me soon!

My Gmail : Mr.Weak[put at-character here]gmail.com

Regards...
Mr Weak

zouminghong [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I cannot connect to www.gmail.com. This has been the case for already a week now. Very annoying. I have not changed anything. What can I do?? Please help!!
thank you
regards,
zouminghong[put at-character here]sohu.com

Jaleeltheen [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How can I login gmail notifier second time.

peggysue [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[gmail not working]

Help..when you try to connect to gmail you get a weird error message...what is going on?

Tiffany Vu [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

How do I invite someone to gmail?

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

19 years ago #

First off, you have to have a Gmail account yourself. Then, you click on the blue section on the left of the Gmail screen below the Label list titled "Invite a friend". Fill in the email address of your friend and click the "Send Invite" button. You can optionally click on "Preview Invite" to tailor the message sent to your friend. The section also shows the number of invites you have left.

-Jim

skywalker89 [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[smtp problems/availability?]

Hi, where can I find a resume of potential gmail problems. I can’t send messages with gmail today, only receive. An info would be great. Thx

ken walls [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[email not working]

when trying to accsess my roadrunner email using the link nothink happens, also in my yahoo email account i cant empty my bulk account, can u help?

micheal crinshaw [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[gmail is down]

for about 3 days my gmail account was down then i went on vaction for 5 days and when i got back it was still down!!Everytime i try logging on it just says "loading" in the top right hand corner. Please halp!!

marcelo reyes [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Gmail is down, I noticed this morning a it still down. I-m accesing from South America. It?s the first time the server is down for so long.

YM [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Marcelo, always try the Gmail "mirrors":

-https://gmail.google.com
-https://gmail.google.com/mail
-https://mail.google.com
-https://mail.google.com/mail
-https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail
-https://gmail.com

To Philipp and Google Blogoscoped readers: Greetings from an old friend!

Guy BenShachar [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

[do they have support dep.?]

I got a confirmation code for gmail account, but now I cannot log on. I cannot find any phone no. or email to contact gmail. can anybody help me??

Emilio Bejos [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Search user names]

I have G mial but I’m need to find some one just with the user name, where can I serch for one user name?

Tony "montana" Best [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[A bet]

I made a bet with my frend that he cant get a gmail account in a week.
A frend of mine gave me mine do you think he will get one??

APBT [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Anyone wants GMail invite?

Justin R. [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

When Gmail goes public, what will happen to my account?

Simon [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Server error]

I have 2 gmail accounts, one works and one doesn’t. I keep getting server error. I need it working again, it has been down for 4 days.

How can I get my account back??

Simon

Thomas Husfeldt [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Same problem here – cannot login I get server error ..
Try again in a few minutes....

I have had this problem the last 3 days!!!

This is not acceptable for such a vital service as email.

Meet [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[upload emails from outlook express to gmail]

How do I upload emails from outlook express to my gmail account?

thnx
Meet.

John [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Gmail Down?]

Anyone else having problems logging onto Gmail? It is Tues Aug 30 and I have not been able to get on since yesterday.

I fould another forum but all the users were out of county (I’m in US) and they have been having problems since Aug 19.

Any news?

Luca [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

[gmail down]

anyone have expereince gmail down today? for me was not accessible from this monring till 5 min ago...

Tricia Kalinoff [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[lost connection]

My gmail account gets stuck on "loading" and nothing comes up. How can I remedy this?

Prince Julio [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I configured my gamil account to Outlook. I can download the mails from gmail after enabling the POP from gmail settings. But i can’t send any mails from outlook using the gmail account. could you please help me.

thank u verymuch.

bob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

how do i send an invite to someone to join gmail..???!?!?!?!?

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

bob: go here: http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=invite

robert [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[POP for mac]

I configure my mac for gmail account, but when I want to retrieve new mail, it keeps on saying to reenter my password. Does anyone has an idea?

Wooberpookie [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Why is Gmail Down?]

Hi, Just wondering why gmail is so frequently down and what we are supposed to do to access our email when this happens. Is seems to happen frequently and for my purposes I am thinking of opening another account that does not go down as often

Meeta [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I cant access mt gmail accountg..after putting in username and password it sayis loading and after that nothing happens. i have cleared the cache’s...wat do i do..is anyone else having the same problem???

No problem..! [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Be patient..! If something’s worng as U say, press " Go", rightmost of address bar..Wait for some minutes..

honey [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

hy plz help me ,my gmail account is not oprating reven not open its 1st page,it shows the loading and then no uodate nothing after that

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Try this link:
http://mail.google.com/mail/h/

Sylvia [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I’ve had gmail for the past 6 months or so and it’s worked fine. Then last week, I cannot access gmail. When I click my bookmarked link, my entire browser (I used AOL explorer) just closes by itself. So I said, okay, let’s try it again. Same thing happened. Next day, repeat. SO then I think maybe something is wrong with my link. I type in gmail.com at the top, and yet again, my browser closes. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it just me? How can I fix it?

[Try deleting your cookies. -Ed.]

Hardi Vardy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[How to Avoid Getting Sent Mail of Gmail in Your Inbox]

Hi Can anyone suggest how to avoid getting the sent mails from microsoft outlook using Gmail account in the inbox from Gmail. It just adds to the clutter as everytime I send a mail it comes v=back in the inbox with new mail.

Thanks in advance for your help

Raj [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

hello guysand hello philip,
   I have been using Gmail for the past one year...and gmail is wonderful ,,if I say ,,i have almost asked all of my friends to use this..but i have to say this too that this gmail acts weird at times... sometimes "Oops... Sorry unable to process this request.."
or sometimes " An error has occured..Cannot login to mailbox(12029).Unable to connect to server."
This is complete bullshit..if we cannot use a mail when we are in need then why are we still using it.Its true that its fast and blablabla..but its not reliable.I have been not working with gmail for almost one week now,hoping it will work out today tomorrow..i am getting soo irritated..
   If someone can help me out please mail me to sv.rajesh[put at-character here]rediffmail.com
thankyou

Zainab Al Mousawi [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Zainy555]

I have been trying to login my gmail account but i guess i cant i tried my best but no use ... i have important emails to check and i need my access back ... I really dont know whats wrong and am sure of my username and password .. i entered last time on 17th november 2005... please help me with this issue....

foram [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Gmail account lost]

I lost a gmail account. The account was not dormant and I have been using this gmail account ever since gmail started. I have all the important documents saved there. Is there a way to get that account back?
Haven’t forgotten the password either!!!

Foram

chris [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[problems with Gmail]

Hi all

I have not been able to access my gmail account since friday 2nd dec since they apparently upgraded their security software – is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what to do about it?????

Thanks

Riva Ben-Horin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

My Gmail does not seem to be working. In the beginning I could not download any of the attachments and now there is absolutely no mail. I sent a message from my previous address

bnhorin[put at-character here]netvision.net.il

but it did not get through. Please help.

EW [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

[Gmail Disabled?]

I tried to log on to Gmail today and it says my account is disabled. I’ve contatcted support and their responses are not helpful to my issue. Does anyone know why this would happen or how to fix? I have not done anything wrong to warrant this that I can think of. I just check and send emails--that’s it!!!

tangyt [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

[gmail welcome page PC hangs]

for the past week each time I go to the gmail welcome page my PC hangs. Using gmail for a years no such problem happens before. Mine is XP, IE6. What’s the problem ?

18 years ago #

Did you try deleting your cookies?

promo14521 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I cannot access my Gmail as of today. Tried all day at different times. Is this something to do with AOL and google? That is because I cannot access my netscape account either.

Alemayehu Tesfaye [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[what is wrong?]

i couldn’t access my gmail account since yesterday. what is wrong with gmail? would you please inform me on this address alextesfaye[put at-character here]yahoo.com

Anuradha [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I tried to log on to Gmail today and it says my account is disabled. I’ve contatcted support and their responses are not helpful to my issue. Does anyone know why this would happen or how to fix? I have not done anything wrong to warrant this that I can think of. I just check and send emails--that’s it!!!

I am also facing please help...

kiran [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Gmail is not opening in my pc. Not even connecting to DNS but "the Page Cannot be Displayed" is coming when I try to open gmail. Can any one help in this regard....

Willy Kang [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

[I Cannot Access Gmail]

Hi,
Does anyone have a problem to log in to Gmail.
Whenever I try to long in the following page opens:

dr.webservicehosts.com/index.p ...

and I get this message:
Sorry, we could not find gmail.google.com/
I would really appreciate any help.
Have a nice day,

parush [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

yeah, it's a couple of days i can't access gmail either :(

despairlight [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

same for me i even try to reinstall google talk .......doesn't work at all could it be that gmail fail for is first time......:-(
shit I need to get my email ............ give me back my gmail

Jack [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

how to change to standard view
www.howwy.com

Cherry [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i have deleted temporary files if that's what you meant by cookies. but still i am unable to open gmail and orkut. please help!!

DragOne [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Gmail was registered today....and it's not working.
I'm getting the Gmail logo...and then nothing.
At the end, there is a link for Gmail and Google.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Hemanathan.V [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[Problem in login.]

I try to login in the user name : v.hemanathan gmail
is showing some error in link.

Kevin Coonce [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[GMail not working]

I am getting a message that says this: "We’re sorry. This invitation is not valid. We monitor invitations to protect our users and to prevent abuse. If you’d like to sign up for Gmail, you can now do so using your mobile phone. Click here to sign up (US only). Otherwise, please ask a friend with an account to invite you directly."

Whats up with that? What do I need to do to fix that

web designer [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

hmm...suspicious...if you need an invite you can email me and i’ll sned you one. i’ll check on that too myself...

hamed ferghat [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[gmail]

please give me a metod to chek my gmail
my isp blocket gmail!!!

khalilahmed2005@gmail.com [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

[inbox is not opening]

Dear Sir,

when i am opening my gmail account, it goes to Loading... and the nothing comes on screen(inbox is not coming on the screen), and it is showing "Done"
please guide me what i should do.

Yours Thankfully

Khalil Ahmed

Madeline Malan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Have you heard anything about Gmail being down? It’s been very spotty for me. You seem like the foremost authority on all things Google--and I was only able to find you through Google.ca .

Jim Keeney [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I too have been unable to access my gmail now for several days. It seems strange, given all of the above messages, that there is no news about problems at Google. I can access Google itself, and the search engine works fine, but when I try my standard bookmarked link I get a Cannot Connect – try later message from my Mozilla browser.

Edna A. Gan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I cannot access my gmail. Same problem as khalilamed.Pls help.thank you.

Kashif Saleem [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hey, whots wrong with gmail, I couldn't open my inbox since last more than 2 weeks. The loading pge hangs for a long time. Kindly advise at kashif_iram[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Petetr w [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Oh, i have the same problems, the gmail page doesnt even open, and gmail notifier says he is unable to connect to server (12029). But in my job everything is working fine?????

estuff [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

How does this work?
I don't see any answers to the gmail problem.
I can't get in and in the past week or so none of the links will connect.

18 years ago #

Estuff, I move most Gmail questions here just so there is a single Gmail Q&A/ FAQ thread. But you're right, the Gmail FAQ is slightly outdated – I updated it!

jennifer [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

my gmail is not opening. says, the page cannot be displayed. what to do?

prazz [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

same here, i always got "document contains no data" message in my firefox
anyone knows why??

Fred [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Yeah! What happends? I'm having throubles too. I cannot acces to my gmail account. I try to login with Firefox and the Javascript console show get some errors. With the IExplorer cannot login too. ¿?

RenPub [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Still waiting for the expert answer to why Gmail doesn't load for Khalil and others.

I have a similar problem, just happened today, with "Loading" but then nothing. Sometimes it DOES load, but then I click on the link to an email message, and get no response. The browser status line shows it loading graphic elements, etc., but the page doesn't display.

On a different computer, same account, things seem to work. So:
- I disabled my Norton Anti-virus Auto-Protect
- I deleted my temporary internet files (using I.E. browser) and cookies
- I lowered Security level to "Low" and Privacy to "Low"

Closed all my browsers and started again. Still have a problem.

Would really appreciate some help with this...

18 years ago #

Did you try to contact Gmail support, RenPub?

mplungjan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Trying to log in to mobile gmail (m.gmail.com) and getting an XML Parsing Failed – the input fields are not valid xml (missing />) I get this in Opera, Opera mini and in firefox – in IE I get a temp file that is not recognised as xml

Is this a known problem?

davoodetemady [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

please send me an invitition
I need imeregency
thank you

roger [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I can't log onto gmail when i try trh following happens:

I can login in my name and password onto gmail but then when i am waiting for my inbox to appear i get a page that has "loading" in black letters in the top left hand corner, and the page stops there. No matter how much i refresh or wateva my inbox will not open up. Is there any other way of getting into gmail and how can i fix the problem, please help...!! :-(

can some one help me

Tangyt [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

[gmail hands my PC]

sometimes PC hands when visitng gmail welcome page but sometimes not. Yahoo and hotmail never hands. Why ?
Mine is P4 ram 1024 harddisk 80 win xp ie6

Lemuel [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I too am having trouble loading gmail on my mac Safari browser. Until this week I never had any problems. It works fine at work but isn't loading on the laptop. If anyone figures out what the problem is I'd really appreciate an email...... lemuelodell[put at-character here]gmail.com. Thanks!

FIXED THE PROBLEM [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi....I just went and emptied my cache in my web browser and it fixed the problem. I can now access my gmail account on my laptop.

Need to access gmail [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I tried that it it doesn't work. Same problem as everyone. Stops on Loading page.

wtf [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

i also cant veiw my inbox at home, i have cleared the cache and everything and still no results, i can get in at work, but not at home, it is just blank after the loading page

its a no go! [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

ive been trying to send/reply to gmail emails, but just cannot. i havent altered or corrected my address book or contacts, and i can receive email on a daily basis and access them, but cant send! an error message pops up; 'some of the addresses in the reply to field are not recognised. please make sure that all addresses are properly formed'. ive ensured, and made sure and checked ove and triesd different combinations, and deleted commas and i still get that same error message from every computer i try to send mail from.

should i just get another email? the buddies at the 'gmail team support' keep sending me templates on how to clear cache, and send messages...totally useless..

thanks!!!

Sujith Menon [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Same problem here.Not able to access my account ;(with a Loading screen and a done message at the bottom) can anyone suggest something?

Bonnie Higgins [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

My husband is having the same problem with gmail, but I am not! We found that if you type https://mail.google.com in your browser address bar, go to that link and sign in IT WORKS!! I don't know why this is happening.

Eddie Lawshe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Nothing! I clear my cache, deleted cookies, turned off pop-up blockers, turned of Norton Internet securtiy, tried typing mail.google.com in Address bar & Tried to log in manually. Every link to Gmail of any kind comes up "Cannot find server," and "Page Cannot be displayed." This has been going on for 4 days. I even tried System Restore on Windows XP.

shirshendu [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

they are saying my cookie is off I have to turn it on what to do .mail at rantu007[put at-character here]yahoo.com

mhawk212 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

my gmail is fine till i want to send a zipped file. then a message comes up saying "oops... the system was unable to preform your operation. please try again in a few seconds." i have tryed to send several dif zipped files of different sizes and i always get the same message. please help! e-mail me at mhawk212[put at-character here]gmail.com

Phoo Kyaw Zin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi,
   I want to send web page (External images)with gmail. How do I send ?

Marc Ellis [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Gmail has been giving me a server error message for quite a while this morning. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

18 years ago #

Works here Marc...

Muhammad Amin Zia [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I've tried several times for the last six days but could not open my hotmail inbox .I have cleared all cache and temporary files but to no avail, how can I fix it.

Sumit Gupta [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hello Everyone, please help me to find a solution to this most unusual problem that is I am not able to open Gmail.com from WinXP. I have tried all explorers like Internet explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla FireFox. I am able to open other secured sites and all other sites too like google, hotmail, yahoo, microsoft.com, etc. I am able to open gmail.com from my other Operating system i.e. Win98.
I am hoping for your prompt reply.

Regards
Sumit

siddharth [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

about gmail i want 2 become a member of gmail so please help me

Onutz [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

No, not the right answer.

If you are from US, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesya, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Turkey, you're lucky.

Try this: https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsMailSignup1

Mark [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have been having the same problem as Marc Ellis. I try logging into gmail and I can sign in but once I hit submit it immediately goes to the 'cannot display' page.

Nora Ciancio [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

How do i delete my gmail account when i decide i don't want it any longer?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

https://www.google.com/accounts/DeleteMailService

Delete your GMail

Try the Outlook-ish Yahoo Mail Beta: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/01/yahoo-mail-beta-review.html

k park [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Is there a skin or colour scheme changer for gmail? I need to make it look more like work.

18 years ago #

K, try this to make it look more like work :)
http://persistent.info/archives/2004/10/05/gmail-skinning

Actually, I think you should be able to enable "POP" in the Gmail settings, and then hook it up to your Outlook...

Ajinder [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have problem in accessing my gmail account in english language what should do?

Kauble [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I too cannot log onto gmail account. Instead l get the "page cannot be displayed" window. I've tried every way I know to get there, no luck. This situation is causing untold grief. Can any body HELP??

Leesome [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Gday, I for the past few days I havn't been able to acces my gmail account – it just comes up "loading...." then never changes.... HOWEVER, I have gmail popup notifyer thing and that still works and tells me I've got messages (and the first line of each)... So it makes me wonder if theres somethin wrong wth me puta rather than gmail??? Dunno. Can someone help? Cheers!

Jacqui [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hey.

Sory this is of no aid.
I have the exact same problem?????
Pls help!
I dnt have the popup notifyer thing, but its frozen at loading...
never goes past it..
sigh.

tom [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

unfortunately, we are all suffering from the same problem, that is that we are unwilling to admit that our gmail accounts are often unaccessible because, likely, google people have higher priorities than gmail. i think we were the bait to get others to bite...

JOE [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hey I have the same problem as WELL!!! The page keeps refreshing in the "loading" page and I cannot log in. But yea my gmail notifier works. I tried logging in other computers and it works. But it does not work in my computer. I tried disabiling the Northern Anti Virus but there is no help. Send email to gmail help term or something but they just refer me to another self-help page and it is not working whatsoever.

HELP both of US – someONE

JOE

QUOTED: "Leesome 15 hours ago
Gday, I for the past few days I havn't been able to acces my gmail account – it just comes up "loading...." then never changes.... HOWEVER, I have gmail popup notifyer thing and that still works and tells me I've got messages (and the first line of each)... So it makes me wonder if theres somethin wrong wth me puta rather than gmail??? Dunno. Can someone help? Cheers! "

JOE [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Login and keeps refreshing in "loading" page. Work in other computer but not in my PC. Tried shut down anti virus software. No use. Need help.

joseph765hk[put at-character here]msn.com

18 years ago #

OK everyone, delete your cache & cookies, and try to login to Gmail again. Also expand this thread to find more information.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!