Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Storage Wars...Again

gary price [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, August 8, 2006
17 years ago2,887 views

This time:

1) As announced last week, Lycos now offering 3GB of storage (free) and unlimited attachments.

2) Late last week (well before today's AOL news) they announced in conjunction with XDRIVE 5 free GB of storage and a bunch of other features coming in September. Will be interesting to see what response this gets. The service will be hosted by XDRIVE.
See:
http://press.aol.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1024&section_id=15

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

But I bet only AOL has the extra feature of making your hard drive public for the world wide research community :)

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

" But I bet only AOL has the extra feature of making your hard drive public for the world wide research community :)"

I think AOL is going to go the extra step and actually post the data from your hard drive, so researchers don't have to search the drive themselves.

Tony

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder how many will use's will go via the AOL server now!!! :)_

Ridwan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Yea... After publishing it to the world wide web, they are going to say : Oooppps, we did not mean to share your data, it was just a mistake. Next time we will share your email inbox and sent items.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>>I wonder how many will use's will go via the AOL server now!!! :)_
AOL called this "volunteering".

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!