Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Mark Jen's blog updated

Jason [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, February 10, 2005
19 years ago

Mark Jen's blog has been updated and confirms that he indeed no longer works for Google (though subtley).
http://www.shiwej.com/archives/2005/02/10/google-blogger-fired-finally-updates-his-blog/

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

The comments in his latest post are quite sympathetic to Mark. Indeed it would be nice if Google could allow a "court jester" blogger to freely speak his mind, but that's their decision (and I bet they would pick a more constructive blogger if they ever did).

But one thing about the comments is interesting: it was Mark Jen who didn't keep things confidential which he should have, yet some feel his public blog – which Mark in his first post pondered making a book out of later on – should have been kept "secret" in some way. All those who apologize to Mark now I urge to follow their words with action and not cover stories like these in the future. I will continue to do so, as well as I will continue to keep private what is private. Emails are private. Frivolous college pictures are private. Password protected sites are private. Many things are – a public blog certainly isn't.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!