Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail going public?

Jason [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, February 16, 2005
19 years ago

Is Gm ail going public soon? I have some evidence that says so, mainly a book to be released that leads one to believe that Gm ail will be public by then.

http://shiwej.com/archives/2005/02/15/

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

Actually I think g//ail is unofficially public already. I have 50 invites in my account and I don't know anybody to give.

Similarly, there are more than 200.000 invites at isnoop's g//ail inviter.

I don't think anybody who is interested in g//ail is having hard time to get an invitation.

However, for official release I think they will do it on the same day they announced g//ail, april 1st.

Jason [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

The problem is that regular people don't know how to get gmail. I know plenty of people with yahoo or hotmail who don't feel like going to something new, but that's because they don't know much about it. I have converted quite a few people over to gmail in the past year, but many more people should use gmail and don't because they can't just go and signup or they don't know what gmail is.

bob [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Me I also think that a lots of people dont go with gmail because they cannot use msn messenger,

even if you can get a passport.net account for msn , people dont want it complicated, and we cant get mail with messenger too.

that the reason people always tell me why they dont want gmail.

they whould make a G-MAIL messenger but that we can add people from msn messenger
like this I think a lots of people whould change

Jason [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Well Picasa has Hello which is a messenger. Google needs to integrate it with a common login that can be used for Gmail and the rest of the Google sites. My Gmail login already lets me login to Google Groups as well, so they are partway there.

Dan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

You can get a passport account and use your gmail address for use on msn.

I do it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!