Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Affiliates must learn to deal with Google's Policies

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
17 years ago2,567 views

<<Since I started as an affiliate in 1997 I have always enjoyed wonderful free access and relative success with my listings in the search engines for my created advertising pages, and have had many blessed top locations through the years. I feel strongly that this is due in part to the very professional way I choose to write my pages. I have always had high standards for my work online. Everything was going well until a fateful day in May of 2005, when suddenly most of my informational gateway pages literally disappeared from the Google index. >>

<<The bottom line is that Google still allows affiliate sites, but our site must have excellent content, must provide value, and must offer more than just a few paragraphs of hype and hard sell. I don't completely disagree with this change, but what worries me is that eventually Google will phase us out of the index altogether. That would be completely unfair in my humble opinion, but every few months we seem to see another indication that they hate us affiliates.>>

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=12447

aaaahhh... you poor little spammer..... :)

Ken Kuhl [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

The article is a great insight into the (small) mind of a spammer. And kudos to Google for at least trying to filter these people out so that real content providers can make a few bucks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!