Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Survey: Which Google Features Do You Want Most?  (View post)

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, August 16, 2006
17 years ago12,703 views

When I chose 1 star it was usally for "I don't really care".

mcummins [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Most needed features:

1) Smart "Did you mean" for GMail search.

2) A GMail spell checker as good as the search box one.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

(Update: I changed the phrasing from "I don't really want this" to "I don't really need this".)

Ramibotros [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I would want to see "Google integrating services more" .. Like being able to post picasa images + google videos easily on blogger, or transfer files from my gmail to any other services ..
also "Google giving free .com domain names" like (the weak) microsoft office live is doing. Combine this with Google Pages and u have smth nice for everybody..

Demen [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I would really enjoy (related to the "Customizable links on the homepage") Google X come back. I really enjoy that, and Google could definetly expand it to have more features (drag and drop, etc).

Demen

Joseph Price [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

More than anything, anything else: I want a field inside of Gmail Contacts for birthdays that automatically synchronizes with Google Calendar. Is that too much to ask?

This is one of the last things that keeps Outlook on my computer.

P.S. Oh, and the ability to import emails from an offline mailbox without using the Gmail loader. It would make my week if I could convert all of my old mail to Gmail.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Results are not in the same order as the questions .. ?

blog by Larry and sergy ?? where did you concoct that idea!!

I second Ramibotros motion : << WE DO NEED INTERGRATIOn OF ALL SERVICES!! >.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Results are not in the same order as the questions .. ?

I ordered the questions in random order for each user for more realistic results. The result order on the other hand is ordered by most-wished-for on top...

Zoolander [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

The trouble with these surveys (beyond that they are self-selected samples) is that there is nothing that prevents me from choosing 5 stars for all these questions. Sure, I would like everything. ;)

17 years ago #

Yea i think it should be made clear to all users taking it not to select 5 starts if they just want to see it. One should prioritize the feature-requests by the amount of stars. I think the allowed selection of stars should be limited :)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"nothing that prevents me from choosing 5 stars for all these questions. Sure, I would like everything"

Eh ?? and Receive over 1000 results ???

jo [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

All I want fro google is the ability to search without getting blogs in the search results. I mean come the f on. They know what a blog is, they have a service to search through them. I want to f'ing eliminate them.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Jo : just a question, why eliminate the blogs ?? whats wrong with Blogs SERP ?

Alex Porter [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I agree with the posts about improving integration. In addition to the previously mentioned gmail/calendar integration and picasaweb/video/blogger/page creator integration, I'd like to see:

Show my gmail contact addresses in the new maps list of saved addresses
Why does picasaweb use a different contact photo than Gmail? Why can't I choose a picasaweb photo as my gmail contact photo?

There are a bunch of little things that could be better integrated like this.

Even the top-of-the-page-links aren't done quite right...some of the services they lead to don't include the same links (photos, spreadsheets).

- Alex

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

top 5 ....as on this posting..will track community response ...across every 6 hrs :)_

1. A much higher level of detail in Google Maps
2. A better Google Translator
3. Google improving spam defense in web results
4. A much smarter search AI that understands what you really want
5. Search for parts of a word using wildcards

17 years ago #

well for results we need to digg it: http://digg.com/tech_news/Which_Google_Features_Do_You_Want_Most

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Surprise Surpise .. Ramibotros does belive in digg :)-

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Jesus H tapdancing Christ... I'm not filling that out.

SEOptimise [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

A Larry and Sergy blog would be awesome! :)

ShellehS [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

> I would want to see "Google integrating services more"

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm surprise to see how many services I wouldn't really want. Only for 2 or 3 services I have set 5 stars.

Google, don't follow this survey, and continue to create services which made us "wowww"!
http://valleywag.com/tech/google/google-features-arent-new-and-different-and-wow-189296.php

noname [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

i set only about 4 things (5stars), the others i do not care. But one feature I miss a lot – NEAR operator

mc [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

I just want them to implement voice recognition across videos and podcasts etc. so I can search them based on content.

Is that too much to ask? Really?

(Well, yes probably, but that would be so frickin awesome)

Ilya Baklanov [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

I wish that when yousearch in Google News you could choose what kind of "Media" should be in the results. For example, I do search Google News a lot and I always need only official newspapers or news agencies and never blogs... Google, please, do it :)

Tom Scott [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I have one...

"Document Search" – View your private and other users' published public documents from Writely, Notebook and Spreadsheets.

There is probably a lot of writing going on out there, and Google now holds a full hand of cards with it, but it's not integrated and indexed. I can search Writely by using "site:writely.com id" to pull up docs, but Google hasn't indexed the text of them.

barbara trumpinski-roberts [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I would like google calendar to be visible on my razr cell phone. y'all should get together with verizon...

thanks.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I want Google to do everything.

I mean, Lets say I'm reading a book. Summarising it for me etc. ;)

MJ Rich [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

I can't wait until Google is all of technology.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!