Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Test-driving Yahoo Answers  (View post)

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, August 17, 2006
17 years ago3,510 views

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=631364

haha

most of the answers/answerers on that site are real immature.

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think a better test is on questions that have known answers. I saw a question recently asking if cars that can burn Ethanol can also burn Corn Oil. There were some relatively good answers given.

That said, I am amused at your question. :)

Tony

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm totally amazed at the number of answers in such a short time. Nice community!

And yes, I should probably add a more answerable question as well, here goes:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20060817105106AAQxUCA

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ah, that's a good question to try, Philipp. Like the old TV commercial goes from he 1970's, the answer is an "Ancient Chinese Secret".

TonyB

t xensen [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

My favorite is this one:

"We haven't visited the aliens because we still don't know any. and why they haven't visited us (if they are) because they don't know if we are or because maybe they want us to visit them first."

And more answers keep rolling in ...

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You appear to have some very detailed and knowledgeable answers for you Chinese Typing question. You know, the one that has an answer. . . ;)

Tony

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I have a feeling that they are worse than liveQNA

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yahoo! Answers is a lot better that LiveQnA. It hs buzzing with action and it has a good points system so people feel inclined to answer, and post, and vote etc. I love it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!