Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail Time Management  (View post)

Jim Barr [PersonRank 4]

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
17 years ago3,975 views

This is a VERY interesting implementation! It's nice to be able to save searches, and organizing by contexts is very nice. Typical standalone email clients tend to be Folder-oriented, so implementing a GTD system can be tedious. Labels really make this possible.

One thing that I find VERY cool is that even if you don't want to use the GTD aspect, you can configure it to better work with Labels, and it allows you to save searches!

My only real concern is that because this is not an "official" Google enhancement, I hesitate recommending it. For an enhancement like this to be really effective (ie: to become your primary productivity tool) you need to be able to rely on it 100%.

That said, I've been reading through the GTDGmail documentation, and I am trying to glean out enough to be able to use "stock Gmail" in a similar way. The real problem to overcome is that Gmail is lacking in specific functionality (saving searches, etc.)

Hopefully, SOMEONE at Google will see this and eventually work some of the features into Gmail.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!