Forum

Naughty Google Suggest  (View post)

peter caputa [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
17 years ago7,271 views

that's pretty funny

Caydel [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

That is very funny... I wonder if it gives an address as well?

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Discussion: http://blogoscoped.com/forum/64192.html

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

ionut is naught enough to find this

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No, I'm not. I use FF 2 and it has Suggest built-in. I use it to check for different English words. I was typing "pleading", and the suggestions draw my attention.

Ken Leebow [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Actually, the real surprise is that there are 737,000 Web sites associated with the search phrase.

john sadowski [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Here's a funny one, try 'sw'

Rishabh [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

That's why I don't like Google Suggest too much.

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

try plu as well

Fooba [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Try typing "lesb" and you'll see they censor "lesbian" while suggesting misspellings of the word. And if you type in "mispronunciation" there are no suggestions, because they censor anything containing "pron", but if you type "pr0n" they helpfully suggest bittorrent. Typing "nigger" suggests "jokes", as do many other words one might expect they would censor before "lesbian", and even though all of the censored terms seem like they must be perceived by someone to be somehow sex-related, they still suggest "please bang my wife" and "but i poop from there" and typing in any common name followed by "is" will usually suggest "gay". I can't wait to meet the singularity hive mind AI that is supposed to be born from google's database.

Justin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

'cam' produces camel toe.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!