Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Mister Google (Video)  (View post)

Albert Neustein [PersonRank 1]

Friday, August 25, 2006
17 years ago4,620 views

A link to a video should end in ".mpg", ".mpeg", ".avi" or even – ".mov".

If I understand it correctly, Google and YouTube take videos and then convert them into their custom format, forcing persons who want to view them to enable JavaScript, Flash or even install a custom player. This is regrettable. I wish people would not support this by linking to such sites.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google allows you to download their videos as .avi. I do this with every longer video.

17 years ago #

Thank you, Ludwik! I am not yet aware how to download the video, but I'll try to find it.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/download-google-videos-as-avi-files.html

17 years ago #

Indeed, I found it. Thanks again, Ludwik and Ionut!

Ganesh APP [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Happy married life Philipp... So did google find you your woman?

Matthias Klees [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Happy Married Life from Mönchengladbach

Enrico [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

There are about 13 videos of this guy as of now.
his name is "Menashe Noy" and he is a very well known and tallented israeli actor (hence the middle eastern accent, though the character papadizi claims to be from greece).
a search for papadizi in youtube will give you all of the webisodes of this little show. an interview with the director published in israel's biggest news site revealed that the main idea of these films is to market something or other by re-mailing the people who send mail to papadizi with 1 of a 100 databased answers. in hopes to sell this product to marketing companies to promote which ever products are more appropriate to the sender's mail.
it's an odd idea which i didn't really get. but whatever, i love that actor...
the rest of the shorts are pretty funny as well...

Enrico, Israel.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!