Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Personalized for Your Domain?  (View post)

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
17 years ago3,458 views

I saw that in the help too indeed. I thought I was the only one that didn't have that feature yet. So it's not available to anybody at this moment?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Well in fact the answer is probably here:
https://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=46856&topic=9203

I’m Guessing [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The Bell Tolls For Microsoft

Today Google released a new service named Google Apps for Your Domain. Notice I didn't say software package. Reffering to this new service as a software package would be doing it a disservice.

This is not merely a collection of free software/services that Google is offering. That in itself is pretty nice for small business owners. I owned a small company during the late 1980's through the late 1990's, and I would have loved not having to spend all the money I did on software packages, that were no more functional than what Google is offering now for free. What Google is offering business owners, is the chance to re-think the way they do business, at no financial cost.

How nice would it be to buy "packaged" software, and then get your money back a month later when you discover it really doesn't meet your needs? If you're anything like me, you have a lot of software collecting dust, because it didn't do what you thought it would. Google is offering the chance to try a new business model for free, and if doesn't work, you can always go back to over paying Microsoft for average software.

Every day the web-centric world moves a little further away from the desktop as we know it. Every day Microsoft pretends that they still are a player. Every day the true web players, distance themselves further from the desktop world. The bell tolls a little longer, a little louder, every day. I'm guessing Microsoft can hear the ringing in their ears.

I’m Guessing

[Link]
http://imguessingblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/bell-tolls-for-microsoft.html

[Edit – Sig Removed, updated link – Nate]

Yongboy~ [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I have applyed Google Apps for My Domain,now I waiting The Google's mail notice

[edit – sig removed – nate]

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ah you guys beat me. I found this yesterday. Cool though.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!