Google Blogoscoped

Forum

BlogoIdea

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 6, 2006
17 years ago3,085 views

I've got an idea for Philipp:
what if you include a snippet from the last comment of a thread in the title attribute of the link to that comment from the forum page?

17 years ago #

Something like this:

http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/4793/2004955519915941197_rs.jpg

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

ahhhhhhhh.. that makes sense Ionut – for a minute you had me hopping thru loops wondering what your trying get across.

A mouse over /hover method which floats a snip of the last comment- maybe like the first 64 chars or so..-

Sounds a neat!!

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hmm, it's not really the complete solution, because the interesting comment might be the second-last one that was posted, not the last.

I'd prefer a cookie-based solution that shows all threads with activity since my last viewing (or better still, all posts since my last viewing).

17 years ago #

Yes, but the links "x minutes ago" sends you to the last comment, so the snippet would be appropriate.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Good idea. I'll see about that.

Ramibotros [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Also mayb write after "By XUSER" the time the FIRST post was made , or mayb the article was posted. Sometimes i go in the forum and keep wondering how old that article is.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yea, Ramibotros has a good point on that.

If the first line could look like : "1st Posted on: DD/MM/YY" indicator would be an added bonus!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!