Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Native Integrated Tabs with Google Homepage

Matthew Pegler [PersonRank 2]

Thursday, September 7, 2006
17 years ago5,745 views

Today I was working on a new module and I noticed this in the google code:

.tabspacer {width:4px; border-bottom:1px solid #97acd4; }
.tab {padding:2px 15px 2px 15px; font-size:82%; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; color:#676767; cursor:pointer; cursor:hand; }
.selectedtab {border:1px solid #97acd4; color:#3366cc; border-bottom:0px; color:#3366cc; font-weight:bold; }
.unselectedtab {border:1px solid #97acd4; background-color:#e5ecf9; color:#000000; border-bottom-color:#97acd4; }
.tab_hover {background-color: #aaaaaa; color: #ffffff; }
.edittab {padding-right:2px; padding-left:2px; }
.addatab {padding:2px 2px 2px 7px; border-bottom:1px solid #97acd4; font-size:83%; text-align:left; }
.addatab a {color:#7777cc; }
.tabtitle {font-weight:bold; color:#3366cc; }
#footer_promos {border-top:1px solid #97acd4; padding-top:10px; }
#addcontent_button {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; padding:2px 10px 2px 10px; color:#ffffff; background-color:#3366cc; }
#tabs {padding-bottom:9px; }

with Google releasing collapsable modules today, I'm thinking tabs are not too far behind. Two of my most popular modules are now integrated features in the homepage. I'd like to think I had something to do with it. :-)

-Matt

[Added some spacing to Google's code for line breaks. -Philipp]

Matthew Pegler [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

also, I checked the javascript, there are functions named:

_renameTab
_editTab

as well as another that seems initialize the page to work with tabs. I don't think there is a way to make the thing work yet, because no extra HTML has been outputted on the page for the functions to work with.

-Matt

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nice find Matt – looking forward to it.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

could we work out what they'll look like from the css code?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

and a great find! ;)

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Does anyone else want them to make a horizontal modules across the 3 vertical columns? This would be great for the bookmarks module...having all your bookmarks right under the search bar and horizontally displayed like googles own services are above the search bar.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!