Spreadsheets New Features

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Friday, September 8, 2006
17 years ago2,852 views

Google Spreadsheets has some new features, no graphs yet though. :(
http://www.google.com/googlespreadsheets/whatsnew.html

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

full list of features available here....
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Labs-Spreadsheets/msg/db0ddcdaf4446853

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nice changes. Closer integration with GMail for invites was an obvious one that I'm glad is there.

PDF and ODF output are pretty much a business necessity if you don't want to have to rely on Excel, and multiple lines of text per column is a must have for any decent spreadsheet.

Publicly viewable spreadsheets is timely for me, as I'm putting together an article on GSS for time-sheeting and scheduling, and was stuck on how to show the results. Read-only public access is perfect. Cheers Google!

I'm not so hung up on the charts, though I *would* like to be able to insert a picture (logos on timesheets, invoices, etc).

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Some nice additions. The most welcome info to me is the mere fact it is still be developed and enhanced and a regular basis. That speaks well for the future of Google Spreadsheets.

Tony

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Check this out. There are two more things which people are not talking about. A slide-out notification for unsaved spreadsheet and customized currency option.

screenshot : http://picasaweb.google.com/hjr.photo/ScreenShotz/photo#4972383126453354514

if the direct link does not work goto http://picasaweb.google.com/hjr.photo/ScreenShotz and find the picture with caption – 'some new inclusions to google spreadsheet...'

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Still no search, and is blocked at my school :-(
Can get on to *.google.co.uk nothing else

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Spreadsheets just got another small upgrade to 1.1.5h. Must just be minor bug fixes though... I'm really starting to like this product, and am using it much more.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

can't wait for when google release writely with a new GUI and features like this.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I am starting to worry that they might not... but I am still hopeful. It needs to lose the green and get the blue.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

definately. and few less menus and for them to be more logical

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I have a spreadsheet with 14 separate sheets. The largest sheet is 6x77, after that there is one 6x21, and the rest are 6x12 or less.

The spreadsheet is slow to open, and is sluggish when I make changes. Even just dragging a Column a little larger is very slow and jerky to respond. My sheets are essentially an inventory list. No math functions are being used. Is anyone else having sluggish performance? My smaller Spreadsheets are pretty quick.

Tony

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony: I only have small spreadsheets with 1 or 2 tabs. I now have one of 387 lines and T columns. Performance is very good. It's a list of event inscriptions and it's continously open in my browser, that's very handy, whenever a inscription mail enters, I can put it on the sheet...

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I do have a sheet that is 18 x 175 and the speed is pretty good on that. I suppose the number of sheets I have open in one spreadsheet is an issue. Perhaps it has to reserve a set amount of space for each one regardless how much I actually use.

The same spreadsheet in Excel updates almost instantaneously.

Tony

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony, did you post that to Google Spreadsheet Support?

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Tony, did you post that to Google Spreadsheet Support?"

Nope, but I guess I should. I just assumed it was the way it works rather than a bug, but I still should give them some feedback.

Tony

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony, I think you should...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!