Google Blogoscoped

Forum

new Features in spreadsheet

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

Friday, September 8, 2006
17 years ago2,343 views

I know most of you guys don't much care for this great tool, but hopefully these new features (especially the public view) will get your creative juices flowing! ;o) I like the ods file support!

September 7, 2006

* Multiple lines in the same cell
   Use alt+enter (ctrl+enter on Macs) to add a new line in the same cell. Now cells that need multiple lines (such as addresses) are a breeze. Learn more

* Gmail contacts
   Gmail contacts When inviting people to collaborate, you have easy access to your contacts' email addresses from Gmail, Calendar, and other Google applications. Learn more

* Let anyone view
   Let anyone view Have some data you want to shout from the rooftops? Check "Let anyone view" in the sharing pane. You can share or publish this URL to let others view your spreadsheet without specifically inviting them. Learn more

* Take your data anywhere
   Print easily via the "Print" option in the File menu. We've also added support for two popular formats, Portable Document Format (.pdf) and Open Document Format (.ods). Learn more

jilm [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I even dont´t use Excel, so Google Spreadshhets is not much interesting for me. I wait for new Writely. I hope they will change the design and integrate all that wonderful functions from GSS. These services are not supplementations for MS Office, in fex month, maybe one or two years they are going to be a huge threat. At least for personal users of MS Office.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

already posted...
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/66839.html

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

whoops! sorry! I did look before I posted, but I did not see it on the first page, but I am known for being blind.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!