Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Sharing Customized Google News  (View post)

Sage [PersonRank 1]

Monday, March 14, 2005
19 years ago

The only problem with the link for your personalized Google News is that if you decide later to change your settings, you still have to make the changes on every computer/browser you use. I agree with Jeremy that there should be a login option.

Along those lines, a login option would allow you to save addresses in Google Maps.

Now that they have a "My Sh0pping List" in Froogle, they should be able to easily tie it all together into "my.google.com".

If only they weren't so afraid of being a portal.

Rich Hodge [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

I disagree with Jeremy on this.

I dislike having to login for info anywhere. So I prefer the long url here. My Yahoo has some fantastic features but I never, ever use them because I just prefer surfing the net over logging in somewhere each day -even if it is a convenient custom homepage.

My opinion is that I prefer having to occasionally change a url to keep current and deal with using several computers and browsers or whatever else. But don't be making me login for anything other than a transaction. I already have to login all over the place with a ton of username / passwords. Don't force me to login just to read scraped news headlines.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I agree with Rich here – facing the choice between having to login, or using a link which triggers a cookie setting, I prefer the latter.

Sage [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I think Google could allow both options--keep the current method available, but give people the chance to log in if they want permanent settings.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!