Google Blogoscoped

Forum

No Spreadsheet in Google Apps?

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
17 years ago2,159 views

I was setting up one of my clients with Apps for your domain, and one thing that I was telling them about was all the uses for spreadsheet. They were very excited about it.

During the move, I noticed that it is not included! At the moment, I feel dumb. I know that they can have each one of their users sign up for an account, but an issue is that when their employees leave the company, there is no way of keeping that account with them. If they are sharing sensitive spreadsheets (which they plan on doing) this could be a HUGE deal.

Any ideas?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Not ready for prime-time.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Can you remove that employee from the users who can edit the ss ??, under "show sharing options", the orginal creator can "remove" a user too.

However, if the employee is the one who invited others, then the company can't do much.. and thats the risk any company faces now.. too!!

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Well, The issue is that there may be dozens of sheets to remove them from. This is a company that has about 150 people right now, and there could be different sheets at every level of management down.

And if someone invited other non authorized people, that would probably be grounds for termination, and even a law suit. Though, I think it would be most likely that an employee would download them and share instead. Much harder to catch.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!