Google Blogoscoped

Forum

iTV + Google?

Garett Rogers [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
17 years ago3,244 views

What do you guys think?

would a "google enhanced" iTV be a good idea?

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=324

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

this reminds me of the googlecube!!

Remember that the apple mini is similar to the googlecube concept..

I think somewhere google will enter into the TV marketspace..how and where its difficult to ascertain!!

Leon Santiago [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

some Google Current integration... nice idea!

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

So this article yesterday when I was half way through writing a very similar piece on my blog. Disappointing!

Snipped from my never-completed article:

I agree, definitely a possibility there. Google are still hiring people for their 'Television Technology Team', but it's all software developers – no hardware. That strongly implies they plan to add their tech to someone else's box, and who better than Apple?

Apple is the master of selling other people's content electronically. Google is the master of monetising other people's content. Together they could drive a new television paradigm that integrates paid-for content with (targeted) add supported content, with tight integration with Google's online services.

Whatever – I want my Gapple box!

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I hope that Apple is a bit more open in it's content delivering than & uses open standards to deliver it. Maybe that Google can learn Apple something like this...

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That's my fear. Apple is as notorious as Sony as far as using closed, proprietry technology. I can just imagine iTV streaming only iTunes downloaded media – which would suck.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!