Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New (expected) Google NYC Facilities

Yu [PersonRank 4]

Sunday, September 17, 2006
17 years ago3,137 views

http://blogs.zdnet.com/micro-markets/?p=447

Also, more ISP speculation based on the size of IP address space they have and the new facilities sitting on a fiber exchange.

That exchange better be the biggest one around. Otherwise, wouldn't it make more sense to buy some space for a data center in jersey where its not ridiculously expensive?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yes, they (goog's) is contending with IPv6 space.. its the next big platform forDC's and ad revenue.. where in which every grain of sand on this earth can be id'ed within the IPv6 space..!!

Yu [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

True. I heard something in that neven vision demonstration video about about a billion phones being produced (or being available I forget) in 2010 and all of them needing IP addresses.

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm no Google insider, but I got the impression that the article was overstating the importance of this new data center. I mean, there are internet exchanges in lots of cities. This one is surely important for New Yorkers, but for people outside of the city and state, I don't know.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!