Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is this new? [Top left links in Gmail]

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, September 17, 2006
17 years ago3,436 views

Or have I only just noticed it? http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5753/picasall3.jpg

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah.. i think its new..
but it for the UK residents.. right?

Huw Leslie [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I've been seeing it for quite a while (I'm a UK resident as well). Its odd the services that they decided to promote on there – why Spreadsheets but not Writely, which has a much bigger userbase and is a more mature product?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It is not brand but neither is it old. I noticed it when I came back from my holiday sometime in late August.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

dont forget Blogger :)
~ some extra words for the spam filter :) ~

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

In the US it reads GMail.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No, it reads Gmail here, the "M" is not capitalized. When can I add my own(GReader!!)???

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"I've been seeing it for quite a while (I'm a UK resident as well). Its odd the services that they decided to promote on there – why Spreadsheets but not Writely, which has a much bigger userbase and is a more mature product?"

Writely isn't on there because it isn't "googley" yet. This has been around for a few months now and I think it may have something to do with google links that was found a while ago http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/02/google-links-and-google-calendar.html

I actually got a peek at this google links before they disabled access to it :D

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think it's UK and Germany.

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah sorry, I wasn't referring to the Google Mail-GMail difference which is UK-US.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

They should definitely let you pick the services you want. and on the Google homepage.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

dpneal is sooooooo right.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!