Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Free Coffee From Yahoo?  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Monday, September 18, 2006
17 years ago7,048 views

yeah, this sucks – the campign benift is only for users in the US!!

Jenny [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

That's nice, but what about people who don't drink coffee? I don't drink coffee – It makes my heart beat faster than usual after I drink it.

I think people will set their home page to Yahoo.com on Friday, receive the free coupon, then switch their home page back to whatever it was before. LOL =Op

Missy [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

*snort*

If they think a cup of really bad coffee is incentive enough to switch to the mess that is Yahoo? They're crazy.

(Seriously. Dunkin Donuts coffee is revolting.)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< I think people will set their home page to Yahoo.com on Friday, receive the free coupon, then switch their home page back to whatever it was before. LOL =Op >>

yeah..
switch it back to Google :P

Jack Hynes [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

The main reason Yahoo has not got the market share is because Yahoo search results just aren't as good as Google's. Instead of focusing on designing gimmicks and campaigns, they should just improve their search capability.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Well What if it set it as my homepage for one day and change it back to Google ?

Then again, I use Firefox 2 (Session Restore) so I don't use Homepage that much anyway.

Ruben [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I agree, Missy. Sounds like an incentive to keep the homepage at Google or any other page for that matter. What idiot thought Dunkin's coffee was going to get anyone to do anything but scowl?

t xensen [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

Google's search results aren't really so great right now either. (Maybe they will get better when whatever they're doing on their infrastructure and algorithm is more complete.) But their interface is much better than Yahoo's cluttered, junked-up page.

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

bad idea...

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't coffee anyways, even though there's one 2 miles from my house...
This is not the first time Yahoo! giving away coupons...I remember there's one time...ice cream?

ShellehS [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

coffee is good,
but, change my homepage to Yahoo? OK,i will do as you quiried. and i will b drinking coffee while change my homepage back to Google.

*^o^*

Christian [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

im pretty much interested in the way they do it technically. is there any way to check if my hoempage in my browser has been switched to whatsoever?

Doug Coffee [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Friend told me about the offer. I did it and took the printed coupon to DD. The lady there pretended to be dumb and said we only accept little coupons cut from magazine ads.

Perhaps nobody told the individual stores about this special.

(yes, I bought a cup of coffee anyway)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

lol..
if i were you, i would sew Yahoo! for that..
but thats your choice man..

Aaron Myers [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/coffee/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!