Google Blogoscoped

Forum

google calculator in firefox

pri [PersonRank 5]

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
17 years ago6,446 views

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned earlier but I saw this feature in firefox 2 beta. In the search box with google suggest enabled you can enter math functions and it will display the result right there as the first link.

also, can someone help me figure out why my dictionary feature doesn't have any suggestions. I see all the other options but no suggestions. I tried adding a dictionary again, but it didnt help. anyone else run into this?

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Dude, I discovered this feature just a few hours ago. Talk about coincidence.

For Suggestions to be enabled the site should supply them not Firefox. Firefox just has the functionality to act as a mediator.

That's why Suggestions on appear in Google, Yahoo and Answers.com

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I loved this feature in FF b2, I uninstalled it last night due to crashing... :(

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I can't get used to the individual X buttons on each of the tabs, because I automatically go the top-right to close them.

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I noticed that new calculator feature like a week ago when I went to do some simple math. I thought it was neat, but then Google doesn't have a log of what math I've performed :).

Mambo, I prefer the X on each tab because that is how Safari did it. However, in Safari, you could close any tab without having to navigate to it (well, unless it was off the side). I like that way better. On the other hand, I like how you can move around all in the tab list with Firefox and also rearrange tabs.

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Mambo, you can change that behavior.
Go here:
http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/07/09/how-to-tweak-firefox-20-beta-1/

and scroll to the '–Red X (Close Button)–' section. There is an option you can change. If there is something you don't like about firefox, there is usually a way to fix it :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!