Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Something big coming from Google

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
17 years ago2,440 views

" 11/2005 – present, Tech lead, confidential project

* Envisioned and chartered a confidential project in the social application space. Spec'ed out vision and got buy-in from execs.
   * Led a team of engineers through technical design and implementation of client (C++) and server (Java).
   * Convinced artists, PM, UI designer, and engineers around the company to join the team or contribute 20% time. "

She has already teased about it, but i think we have a bit more here:
there will be a client for this new social app (different from Orkut)

Moreover, Niniane Wand is considered to be a very gifted programmer.
I think we can expect something big, especially since it's been almost one year now that the project is incubating.

http://niniane.org/resume.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's strange you should mention that – I was reading that page just yesterday!

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Have i made a duplicate ?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No, I don't think so.

I was just looking at Googlers' websites and ended up reading Niniane's resume page. I've read it before (possibly prior to when it was last updated in May 2006) but I don't remember reading about the "confidential project" before...

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

She teased a few times about it on her blog, but wouldn't say what it was about.
Even with those 2 extra informations, it's still a bit vague

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Moreover, Niniane Wand is considered to be a very gifted programmer."
Thats a little understated. Was just taking a gander at her resume...and lo and behold "B.S., Computer Science, California Institute of Technology, 1998. GPA 3.8. (Graduated at age 18.) ". I'm impressed.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Bear in mind that Niniane IS the author of "How to Write a Killer Resume (for Software Engineers)":
http://www.ofb.net/~niniane/resume_howto.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!