Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Calendar SMS Notifications in More Countries  (View post)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
17 years ago19,799 views

Still dosn't work for me (Virgin Mobile)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I find this a reduntant featuer. I get my daily agenda sent to me via email at 5.AM.. this gets piped into my hand held device for review on the go.. What I wish is that there is someway to directly sync in the data into my device calendar..

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

WOW, It works in Poland but... Google verification SMS crashes my mobile phone! I have very, very simple old phone. It support phone calls, text messages and nothing else. I have it for more than one year and never had any similar problems. But when it received SMS from Google it immediately stop answering to anything and just froze. The same happens everytime when I tries to open folder that contains that message. Google must do something really strange with those SMSs...

I can't open this message, I can't delete it, I don't have access to this message and others that are near it. What should I do? :>

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ludwik: Buy a new phone!

Unbelievable, it works overhere too!

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

sweeet

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What does that charge thing mean? Will it or will it not cost me?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I am virgin mobile as well. But I think they use T Mobile. I signed up with T Mobile and it worked. (UK).

17 years ago #

> Ludwik: Buy a new phone!

Ok, no problem. Just give me the money ;)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sam Davyson said:

<< What does that charge thing mean? Will it or will it not cost me? >>

Google says:

<< Is receiving notificaitons by SMS free?

Google Calendar is a free service; Google doesn't charge you to receive notifications; however, your mobile service provider's standard rate for receiving text messages may apply. If you have any questions about the rate, please contact your operator for more information. >>

answer=37173&topic=8568

Since I don't usually get charged for receiving messages, I would assume I won't get charged for these either... Do they get charged in the US?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

FYI only.. I picked up a nice little howto for calendar here fpr auto-synch Google Calendar, Outlook, Gmail, etc.

http://engtech.wordpress.com/2006/08/11/the-holy-grail-of-synchronization-how-to-synchronize-microsoft-outlook-multiple-locations-google-calendar-gmail-ipod-and-mobile-phone-with-funambol-scheduleworld/

Missy [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

Tony Ruscoe:

Some service providers do charge to receive text messages.

I've been a Virgin Mobile customer for some years now, and until June, I paid 10 cents to send a message, but receiving was free. In mid June, they changed it to 5 cents to send or receive, unless you subscribe to certain plans.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Missy: That's absolutely crazy! It's like paying to receive letters through your door... or phone calls... it's totally ridiculous!

fullfilth [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

thx for ths info, yay Malaysia is there :-)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<I am virgin mobile as well. But I think they use T Mobile. I signed up with T Mobile and it worked. (UK).>>
I tried that but didn't get the message. They used to be run by one2one wich was taken over by T-mobile so I could see that it should work. I havn't recived the message though.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<I've been a Virgin Mobile customer for some years now, and until June, I paid 10 cents to send a message, but receiving was free. In mid June, they changed it to 5 cents to send or receive, unless you subscribe to certain plans.>>

So they shouldn't charge you unless you normaly get charged?
Wich would be good as I wouldn't get charged!
Sorted it out now. Just wondering why the first message didn't get to my phone, the number was identical.

H [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

just tested it
i live in the UK, provider O2. got the verification code, activated the sms reminder, created a test event, set reminder to 5 mins and just got the text. no charges, of course (receiving texts is free, even if you're roaming within europe. no idea about the US and A but i don't give a damn ;))

Stephen Machet [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. I have a Telstra mobile in Australia, and have done everything right, but to no avail.

Datrio [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Ludwik: it works for me (Orange, Nokia 3330), probably doesn't work for you, since the message comes from the phone number 0. Your phone may think that such a phone number doesn't exist, and bye-bye the message.

pjdpinheiro [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

It works in Portugal too, tested for Vodafone and it is working great.

17 years ago #

> probably doesn't work for you, since the
> message comes from the phone number 0.

That may be it. Why don't they send this message from the name "Google" instead of meaningless "0". It's technically possible.

Hakan Tuncel [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Works in Turkey as well; tested for Avea.

Hermon [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[Moved from "Google Israel: SMS Calendar" – Tony]

now at Google Calendar:

SMS to Orange Israel

picture:
http://f.nau.co.il/upload/92006/IsraBlog/213241/posts/7539600.JPG

source:
http://israblog.nana.co.il/blogread.asp?blog=213241&blogcode=4930765

Loughlan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

It doesn't seem to want to send SMSes to Telstra Prepaid for me.
Have tried the activation code twice over the past few weeks but to no avail.

Spewing that this doesnt work.

Simon [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Works fine also in Slovenia!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!