Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Microsoft Live Basics Vs. Google Apps

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, September 21, 2006
17 years ago2,961 views

"Which of the sites is better? Overall, Google Apps for Your Domain is a clear winner. It offers superior e-mail, better site management, and has a group calendar, an important component to running a small business and something that Office Live lacks.

If, however, you're mainly looking for a free service that has excellent Web site creation tools, you'll want Office Live."

- http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=193003850

Google has page creator in beta, although that definitely needs a lot of work and is primarily for really REALLY basic web page design, i think it has potential.

what are your feelings on the comparison?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I love to work with Google Pages, you can make very easily professional looking pages, but then if you want to introduce more features, to go away from standard layouts, etc. It's a hard job to do...

In general I love Google Apps and I've put already several domains on it, working very smoothly...

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm trying to convince my school computer department head to set Google Apps up for the school, can you think of a convincing argument?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

free, easy to setup, plenty of features, kids will love it

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

well yes but to put up a good argument i need pro's to outweigh the con's and I have to present it in a fasion that makes not getting google apps look unreasonable.

it would have to appeal to the teachers as well as the students. one of the concerns is that teachers aren't going to like the change.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What's your school's current set-up, DPic? That could help determine what benefits Google Apps offers over what you have now.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!