Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics :: Profile limit gone?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Friday, September 22, 2006
17 years ago4,125 views

No message anymore telling me I can have a max. number of profiles of 50.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah gone for me too, excellent :) i would try it out but i don't manage 50 websites anyway! do you manage quite a few corsin?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I tested it. After 50 profiles, you can't add more.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

do you think 50 will be the absolute maximum, or do you think they'll increase it more?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No idea, but it's not a trivial task to actually use/manage 50 profiles, so it seems fair enough for average users.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

My server provider gave up on one of his two stats packages (without alerting customers like me, tzzzk). I'm giving Analytics another try on some of my sites... hope it won't stall again...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Philipp – did you put the code just before your closing </body> tag? Originally, they said it had to go between the <head> tags but changed this a while back. Presumably if it does stall, it won't affect your visitor experience if you place it at the end of the page...

17 years ago #

Yep, I put it before the </body> now, which is much better than what they originally demanded. (But if I see it stalling I'll still remove it just to save visitors from seeing the eternal blue load bar...)

17 years ago #

(Ugh, I messed up including the Urchin tracker function. Now it's in.)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!