Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google AdSense Tips Brochure  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Friday, September 22, 2006
17 years ago5,424 views

where N > ?

AN [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Only Google will know. Given that nobody is supposed to give away the amount of monthly income from AdSense, nobody is supposed to find out either.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"nobody is supposed to give away the amount of monthly income from AdSense"

wrong:

"You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program."
https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

alek [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ditto comment above – they made that change a year or so ago. I always thought it was kinda odd when you couldn't even disclose that since when you went to the bank to deposit your check, it said "Google" on it and the bank teller would see it ... so technically you were violating the TOS that was in effect back then! ;-)

Care to give us a range on what "N" is Philipp- I didn't get one, so N-alek < N-philipp

Amit Agarwal [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Yes, they changed the clause sometime back and that's the reason we get to see screenshots of Google cheques at so many places now.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Are there interresting tips in this book, Philipp?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

For what it's worth, last month I earned $15.50 from AdSense and I didn't get a brochure!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Are there interresting tips in this book, Philipp?

Scanning the book I saw a couple of basic tips that you see on the official AdSense blog too. Discussion of ad formats, borders vs no borders, colors that integrate into the website etc...
I have to give this a deeper look to see if there's anything new...

Jason [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Well, I generally earn $1000+ per month and didn't get one either :-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Maybe it's a campaign specifically for Germany...

zhaotianyi [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

hehe ,I got nothing with google

Robert Gale [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I'm in the UK and received one of these brochures earlier this year. It doesn't contain anything that's not on the net already.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!