Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Web Time Machine

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Monday, March 21, 2005
19 years ago

If you could go back in time to 1995 to create something on the web, what would it be?

Christoph [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

A site with no usefull content but tons of animated stuff and tails for the cursor. :-D

Man i love '95 ;-P

Caleb [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

a search engine, the name of which will be based on the word "googol" hehe

Iolaire McFadden [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

A Macintosh news or rumor site.

Brian Sherrill [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I'd start an online auction where people could big on and purchase each other's items. I think that there could be a future in it. :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I'd probably start a blog, except with no future knowledge I'd call it differently – maybe an "Ojo" (short for "online journal"). It would have an S3 feed (S3 would mean "Super Simple Syndication"). It would probably expand to an Ojo Media network around 1997, avoid the dotcom bubble in 2000, and pay around 30 full-time writers in 2002. It would really stress readability, comments, etc. It would be very huge now in 2005 and be sort of a new CNN!

Andrew [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I would have a website where I asked: "If you could go back in time to 1985 to create something on an ftp server, what would it be?"

"-" sabadash [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I'd create a job offered and wanted post for programmers and sytems folk.

It would have built a slightly different sense of community. There were such sites, sort of, but I'm thinking something that would encouage newbies and learners as well as service pros.

Again, this WAS done, but not as publicly as I'm thinking.

"-"

Ale [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

i'd make an engine to register some cool domain names...

sunsets [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Connect/link all the unversities, colleges, museums, and libraries together, so they could download all books, artwork, photos they have in stock and make them accessible to the world.

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I would create
googlerankingbooster.com

Mathias Bynens [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Something like http://jan.moesen.nu/frontpage/pikkende-vogel/

-- Mathias [ mathibus.com/]

Scott [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I'd register business.com only to turn around and sell it in 1999 for 7.5 million $$$ to the founder of Earthlink and his partner

charisma ruffin [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

a site with only animated things,and things only pertaing to animals.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!