Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Writely still not compatible with office 2007

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 27, 2006
17 years ago2,204 views

Writely only accepts .doc files and still needs upgrade in accepting .docx i know this doesn't take much time since writely is still in beta.

but for the past few days i cannot update any files in writely i get this error
We're sorry, but we were unable to upload this document.

If the contents of this document are not too sensitive, we would really appreciate your sending it to us via email to give us a chance to troubleshoot the problem.

If you have the desktop word processor installed on this computer, there are two other easy ways to bring the file into Writely:

Using the Clipboard

1. Open the document in the desktop word processor.
   2. Type Ctrl-A to select the contents of the entire document.
   3. Type Ctrl-C to copy it to the clip board.
   4. In Writely, create a new document.
   5. When the Writely Edit tab window appears, type Ctrl-V to paste it in.

Save as HTML

1. Open the document in the desktop word processor.
   2. Choose File > Save As...
   3. In the dialog that appears, select Web Page (*.htm; *.html) for the "Save as type."
   4. Save the file, and make a note of the file name and folder, as you'll need it next.
   5. In Writely, choose Upload again from the main page.
   6. This time, specify the html file you just made in the desktop word processor.

Using either of these approaches, you should now have the document open in the Writely Edit tab.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I read in their Forums (before moving to Google Groups) that they were working on compatibility with .docx

Nice tips.

I don't use Writely as my teachers insist of specific Page Borders and Paragraph Indents.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!