Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics referrer URL?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, September 28, 2006
17 years ago5,428 views

Where can I see the full referrer URL in Google Analytics? When I check Visitor segment performance -> Referring source I only see the domain, no full URLs. (I'm just going back to Google Analytics and this one may be easy...)

On another note, I'm disappointed Google Analytics doesn't show the page titles, but only URLs. Seeing something like "/archive/2005-09-08.html" makes it much more complicated than say, "Google's Birthday".

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< Where can I see the full referrer URL in Google Analytics? >>

You almost got it. Try clicking this icon next to the domain:

https://www.google.com/analytics/home/images/options.gif

Then: "Cross Segment Performance" > "Content"

<< I'm disappointed Google Analytics doesn't show the page titles, but only URLs. >>

It does: "Content Performance" > "Content by Titles"

17 years ago #

Thanks!

Wow, their wording (and the stuff you need to do to get certain views) sucks.

Is there any way to customize the navigatio display so that items like "referring source" appear straight on top? I mean I know how to toggle the defined default views like "webmaster" but it seems I can't add "referring source" or bookmark it/ link to it...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I agree – it took me some time to find everything I was looking for!

I've not managed to find a way to customize the menus or bookmark any of the reports either.

17 years ago #

When Google acquired Urchin I figured they do some hard usability work on this tool to improve it, and release a new version. That's now almost a year ago, so maybe I was wrong. And what's their strategy with blog stats tool MeasureMap, acquired earlier this year?
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/02/here-comes-measure-map.html

Maybe they want to integrate the whole bundle to create a single highly usable stats tool?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I reckon Measure Map will probably be integrated into Webmaster Tools, instead. (Because blogs aren't really "advert" related). I think Analytics will be merged into that Marketing Tools thing.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!