Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Promoting Co-op

or [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, October 1, 2006
17 years ago3,310 views

I just noticed at the bottom of my personalized home page, this message:
"Like your customized homepage? Customize your search results."

It links to Google Co-op. So I clicked, but the choices are not much more than I remember from a few months ago. Shouldn't google promote this to content owners first, and then when they have a good amount of contributors, then promote co-op to regular users.

Does anyone else see this?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ah yes, I see it.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes it's here since yesterday, and only on English version. In French and other languages, you got ad for "Google IG for mobiles" ;-)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i see it too
nice find Or

Arun Kumar Alwala [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

[Moved from "Customize your search results" – Tony]

Today I am seeing a link "Customize your search results" at the bottom of the personalized homepage. This takes you to http://www.google.com/coop/directory here you can subscribe any of the sites. But don't know how this works. Is there anybody using this, than please let me know how exactly it customizes the search result.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It adds "Subscribed links" block above your regular SERP, with light blue background, and results determined by an "expert" you've subscribed to... not bad, if you choose the right experts. ;-)

Arun Kumar Alwala [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Now I know how this Google Co-op works, if you susbscribe to any site it will show in your search results.

I did a search in google with search term "google" and I have subscribed to "Search Engine Watch" and gives the results from "Search Engine Watch".

Check the screenshot.
http://www.googlepages.googlepages.com/co-op.gif

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!