Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Blogoscoped PR8 8-)

pip [PersonRank 8]

Monday, October 2, 2006
17 years ago3,623 views

wow... philipp made a PR8 (and deserves it)

unfortunately german PR8-sites aren't a symbol of trust since the last update. but nice to know, that you can make it without becoming an w3c-sponsor ;)

congratulations anyway.
Philipp

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> unfortunately german PR8-sites aren't a symbol of trust
> since the last update.

You mean some spammy German domains received a PageRank 8 recently? Do you have some examples?

pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

i guess you could find out by scanning the w3c-"supporters" for .de-domains.

as an example: stadtblogs.de/

others can be found, but i don't want to denounce a selection, since everyone can find out himself.

the reason might be the following:

the nofollow-meta tag was added very late. the pr-export seems to use quite old data (more than 30 days from my perception).

so – even if matt cutts posted they are losing their juice-spending-ability – for those who are selling links, the deal might have worked for some months.

of course there is the possibility that pagerank displayed has nothing to do with real google juice, which I find perfectly reasonable.

17 years ago #

> the nofollow-meta tag was added very late. the
> pr-export seems to use quite old data (more than 30
> days from my perception).

I think it's quite possible that those domain owners smart enough to buy backlinks on the W3C also have some other stuff going for them – so even if the W3C might not give PR anymore, that might explain why they have a higher PR. (Though I'm sure at one time or another they did indeed benefit from the W3C's text link selling...)

pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

of course, some of them back their pagerank with other links, but there are definitely ones, who wouldn't have the juice for a PR6 without that 9er. so you can easily conclude that they got the high PR from that single strong link.

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i'm only seeing a PR 7????

Ken Kuhl [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

also only seeing a 7.

17 years ago #

It depends on the datacenter I guess. Hope it's more than just a hiccup :)

jilm [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Congrats.

Pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

some DCs are showing the old data. but the new PR will be rolled out to all DCs soon.

> Hope it's more than just a hiccup :)

I wouldn't have thought you were giving a sh.. about PR :-o but since PR8 IS a decent PageRank you should enjoy it as everyone would. (plus you've earned it organically)

17 years ago #

> I wouldn't have thought you were giving
> a sh.. about PR :-o

I think the PR indicator is a mere symptom (of existing backlinks etc. – no one should work to gain PageRank... you should work to add value), but I'm still happy to see it increase :)

Pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

> I think the PR indicator is a mere symptom

Good point! That's what I'm praying. PR is a nice proxy/meta which gives you a good overview of the linkpop of 90% of all pages.

so i dislike those folks just gazing at the green bar as much at those who completely deny it's use.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!