Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Help Lockdown in sector 4!

karen solomon [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, October 5, 2006
17 years ago3,022 views

I always thought gmail was the greatest until today..when I was locked out of my gmail account today and received this frustrating message:
Lockdown in sector 4!

Our system indicates unusual usage of your account. In order to protect Gmail users from potentially harmful use of Gmail, this account has been disabled for up to 24 hours.

If you are using any third party software that interacts with your Gmail account, please disable it or adjust it so that its use complies with the Gmail Terms of Use. If you feel that you have been using your Gmail account according to the Terms of Use or otherwise normally, please contact us using this form to report this problem.

I have sent various emails to Google with only one automatic generated relay returned back to me.

I have been left frustrated and helpless as to how to address the situation. My account was accessible for a few minutes again at 5PM today and then I was locked out for a second time.

I contacted the Google corporate offices and told that they could not help or assist me with out an employee name to reference. I contacted various individuals and all the Google reps told me that there was nothing they could support me with.

I can access my writely.com account and my gmail calendar but not my email..ouch..what am I to do..I am going nuts..

I was always a big fan of Google, crazy enough I was just reading Fortune Magazine's article

Chaos by design
The inside story of disorder, disarray, and uncertainty at Google. And why it's all part of the plan. (They hope.)

There occurs to be a complete lack of responsibility on Googles behalf to the customer. I am deeply surprised by their response or lack of one. Especially coming from a company with the Philosophy that 10. Great just isn't good enough.

I can be contacted at: karen10303[put at-character here]hotmail.com until the day my gmail account is reactivated.

If anyone can support me to ease this email breakdown/nightmare, I would be truly grateful.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

They are putting the customer first here; they're protecting them from misused account and yours had suspicious activity. What have you been doing with your account?? o.O

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!