Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Google SERP

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, October 8, 2006
17 years ago7,978 views

Time again for a bit of a mockup. This time it's for the results page, and there's a few annotations on the mockup too.

I've designed to fit in with Google's new themes (inspired by groups, spreadsheets etc.) It is also meant to reflect the recent announcement that Google are struggling to keep up with the number of products they have on the market. Although they probably never meant the most popular ones.

I am currently working on getting this more involved with other services (including perhaps a Drive interface). And, once it's ready, I may even upload it as a mockup webpage so people can have a feel!)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7473/newserp1yk6.png

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is awesome. Can you please post your cookies ?

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oops. Went straight to the screenie instead of reading. Sorry.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sohil said:

>> This is awesome. Can you please post your cookies ?

Thinking that it's real is the best compliment someone can give me.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think it looks very nice and clean. I'm missing the page count though, it's sometimes important for query refinements, and I'm definitely missing the definition that links to Answer.com which I use a lot.
Also, what's "Show search details"?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

what does it mean to refine an idea ?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It looks like SearchMash to me.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Pd, I guess "refine" is just another search... but for e.g. Google News. Maybe it's too confusing to have two different locations and naming conventions for search tho...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Philipp, actually I digress into a different pattern of thought. Yes, I agree- initally, I also thought it would be jus refining a search term by e.g. Google News.

but... where I am digress in this dicohomty ..is in let's say.. "refine E=MC(sq) ?"

What more results can be expected ??? Is it ever possible or organically possible to ever ever to systematic harverst information and bring about radical higher order infoinuggets ???

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Wow...that is very nice. Although...you know there needs to be room for ads for it to be a possible Google interface.

Also, isn't it somewhat redundant to list Search History and Bookmarks right next to each other. When you go to the Search History, the Bookmarks are also right there.

If Google were to give me the option to use this interface, I definately would!

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If only Google made something like this :-)
The only bit I don't really like is the "welcome, Joe" at the top, at the moment I can't think of what I want there but the e-mail address was better.

<<there needs to be room for ads for it to be a possible Google interface>>
There is an ad there, at the bottom right it says "Live Football On Your PC"

<<isn't it somewhat redundant to list Search History and Bookmarks right next to each other>>
I don't think so, I often want to go straight to my bookmarks from the Google Homepage or a SERP, and I'm less likely to be asked for a password if I'm going to bookmarks rather than Search History.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm sure that there will have a new digg entry "New SERP!" :)

Go_od J_ob* Mambo, but the link "return to homepage" is useless, usually people click on the logo to go back to homepage ;)

(*) for antispam

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks for the constructive comments.

I'm currently working on a new design. Phillip, I'm about to send you an email about this – just so you know, as it can be hard finding them trauling through all the spam.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!