Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Nigritude Ultramarine countdown

Bart N. [PersonRank 1]

Monday, July 5, 2004
20 years ago

Phillip, your #3 is pretty damn nice seeing there are 570.000 results :) I seem to be finishing at #161 myself. It's been fun.

Bart N. [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

I actually plan on improving my ranking for nigritude ultramarine even when the contest is over :)

Alterego [PersonRank 2]

20 years ago #

His blog entry is timely. Google could possibly bump him up.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

20 years ago #

It's kind of funny that I'm number 3 even though the page of my blog which Google has cached does not contain the words "Nigritude Ultramarine" anywhere...

Mikhail [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

Philipp,

Look at this experiment regarding HillTop/Expert pages: http://michaellauher.blogspot.com

Despite small scope and lots of unknowns, for me it is convincing enough that outbound links to the relevant sites with relevant anchor boost the ranking at the page.

In addition to lots of diverse links from high PR pages Anil has everything to make his post an Expert page. The worst thing that we created the monster ourselves!

Thinking that I am helping your blog I put there a post with a good anchor to your blog, but it looks like I helped his entry more than yours.

To beat Anil Dash you've got to put more nigritude ultramarine on your front page! Anchor text alone is not enough!

Link to Steven's nigritude ultramarine FAQ, Slashdot, or any top site you like. Create more keyword density while there is still time before the last crawl!

20 years ago #

Mikhail, thanks, and not to worry, I do have some "Nigritude Ultramarine" back in the content. Wether or not it will be enough, I don't know!

Mikhail [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

I wish you the best. Those two steps to the top are exponentially hard.

I've added a doesn of my PR6/PR5 links to your 1,320 link collection. :)

alterego [PersonRank 2]

20 years ago #

I think you got knocked down to 9th/10th now because you changed your title...

20 years ago #

Thanks Mikhail :)
Blogoscoped is on number 4 now, and Google shows the version which features some more "Nigritude Ultramarine" in content and title.

Alterego [PersonRank 2]

20 years ago #

I have you on 8th.

20 years ago #

Alterego, which Google are you looking at? I know sometimes you get different results depending on which Google version or even datacenter you are looking at.

Alterego [PersonRank 2]

20 years ago #

You've been slowly moving up. You started at 3, jumped to 9/10, to 8, and now to 6.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!