Google Blogoscoped

Forum

still to come

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
17 years ago3,250 views

Google has been rolling out these new services and re-releasing them all googleized, but there are still a few that they haven't

Measuremap
Orkut
Dodgeball (are they ever going to do anything with this)
youtube (probably not for a year)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Orkut redesign would be nice, but can't see it coming verry soon (although I didn't expect groups to be changed that much). and I think they said their not changing the YouTube layout.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

They said they would leave you tube to run independently for a while (I think they want to study it) but I think they will change it eventually

Orkut has to change if they want to take it somewhere and they have been making little updates once in a while which are becoming more frequent

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Dodgeball will probably be put into Google Mobile. somewhere.

Measuremap will just become part of either Webmaster tools or Analytics.

Orkut is just ****.

YouTube won't change much.

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Youtube will remain independent and not googlized.

Orkut might be left to die after the Brazil debacle, but I wonder if they'll try again w/ social networking.

Jenny [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Why doesn't Google buy Facebook and get rid of Orkut? I think Google should buy the Facebook.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Orkut might be left to die after the Brazil debacle"

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=14773994
There is another issue with orkut in India too..

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

But if Orkut is still gaining users every day and you can find the chart inside of Orkut that tells what percentage of its users are from where and users in the US are increasing. They just added a friends map feature and ads which means they're looking to make a buck off of it right? They have to redo it-- or at least I hope they do

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!