Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's Van Gogh Logo  (View post)

Jason [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, March 30, 2005
19 years ago

Something should be done about that. Something like mirrordot. Maybe a mirroogle? That would cache the top 10 sites from a search that is linked to the google logo.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I don't like this "googledotted" phrase to describe the "Google Logo Effect", which has presumably been coined from the term "slashdotted", which makes perfect sense, because the site is called "Slashdot".

Obviously, we can't call it "googled" as that is already used, so I propose using "googlogoed" (pronounced "google-o-go'd") to describe a site that has received a large amount of Internet traffic as a result of its being linked to from the Google Logo.

Please...? :-)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

BTW, they also seem to be including some "Google Images" and / or "Google Print" results too.

(From the UK, I'm only getting "Google Print" results, but from the US I'm getting both... and not as many sponsored links either.)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Tony, you are right the logic of googledotted is skewed, but then again it is instantly recognizable and understandable. In fact someone in this forum used it and when I first saw it I instantly liked it!

Googlogoed on the other hand, that is just weeeird. :)

What about ALATAROB (A Large Amount of Traffic As Result Of Beinglinkedfromgoogle).

Ades [PersonRank 6]

19 years ago #

The site is up again. There is a counter near the end of the page. Just refresh the page to see how much traffic it's getting. I tried refreshing page with 1-2 second intervals, the counter increases by around 100/second!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!