Google Blogoscoped

Forum

A Search Engine With a Face  (View post)

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Monday, October 16, 2006
17 years ago7,189 views

She looks very stupid indeed...
Even more the image sequences doesn't match very well, I've seen much better on the web already.... Quick & dirty job?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

After playing with this last night, I simply thought: "Why?"

I don't think it's clever enough to be funny... and it's not really clever enough to be clever. And "Ms. Dewey" annoys the hell out of me! It's a shame really, because I thought it actually looked quite good before I tried using it...

Missy [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

That is the most ridiculous excuse for a "search engine" I've ever seen.

I'm with Tony. She's ANNOYING. ugh.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

She would fit better as "annoying guardian" in an adventure game, where the joke itself is that she's annoying & you need to figure out how to pass...

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No, she's not. did you think she was annoying because when you were searching for your full name, she answered you by a weired way.
And if you stop, she would say hello type something Here.

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oh, i just forgot to add that it might turn to Google and Kai fu Lee to create a voice search engine in china, wait and see how annoying it can become.

whenever you say something you got an advertisement or a relevant suggestion.

alek [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Annoying yes ... and totally dumb ... but there are more Easter Eggs that you might think and some clever behind the scenes AI going on. Try some holidays (ex: Halloween and/or Christmas) ... or punch in "boobs" or "sex"

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, it's so stupid and it's not funny at all. Such a waste of time.

Jon Henshaw [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

That's utterly ridiculous. The app also had my Firefox crawling on its knees.

Nick [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I loved it.. umm her!!

Ruben [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I think more people would use the Internet with interfaces like this. Of course, they would have to customize the girl, so she doesn't complain if nothing is entered or always do an action for each search.

It would be neat to have search alert where she reads the results of using a keyword daily, weekly, ect.

Joey J. [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

I don't get it.

Joey J. [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

"Of all the searches in the universe, that was definately one of them."

What?

17 years ago #

Joey, that was one of her generic random jokes when she doesn't understand your query (the punch line being that your search wasn't special, as opposed to what you may think she's trying to say at first). There's quite a few of them in rotation.

Patrick J. Simmons [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Here's a usless tidbit – when she speaks backwards (which she does sometimes when she doesn't understand your search), she's saying:

"All that glitters is not gristle, Paul is dead, and I really, really love porkchops and applesauce."

Yes I have too much time on my hands.

Mike Hearn [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Huh, I think we finally met our match. She's much nicer to look at than a boring white results page.

A few other fun queries to try, "ai", "myspace", "ms dewey", and "janina gavankar" (the woman who plays ms dewey)

The humour is sometimes weird or unfunny but I think that's just American style jokes, it's the same with some comedy shows I've seen. Some of them did make me chuckle though.

Loughlan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

yep, she's wierd.

17 years ago #

Oh, so Ms. Dewey is a Microsoft production:
http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20061019MsDeweyMarriedToMicrosoft.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!