Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Results Without Affiliates  (View post)

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, October 18, 2006
17 years ago4,210 views

A novel Idea.. but a -site: -site: .... type approach won't work very long.

Eventually as affiliate sites grow, you're going to reach an upper bound on the amount of stuff you can fit in the search parameters.... whether it's browser URL length, or built in Google length limit.

A better approach would be to use an API of sorts to pull results from all search engiles (a la dogpile) and then filter the results you've pulled.

It's a lot more scaleable.

Rigel [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

JavaScript could do the sorting on a page by page results filter. I'm not sure what could process all 581,000,000 results or something like that all at once, and not make the user wait forever. Don't forget, not everyone is google LOL

Rigel

Ryan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Rigel.. yeah i didn't mean fetching all results for a search.

As the user pages, you use the API to fetch more results..

Regardless.. it seems like you can't scale this until you start doing the sorting and filtering on your own end, not just relying on google.

PH07 [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

surprisingly gmbmg always seems to take a second longer than google to come back with results :)

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Doesn't scroogle do the same ?

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i heard that ebay are putting more effort on Organic optimization. i will go for this site filtering them.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!