Google Blogoscoped

Forum

OT: Multiple Photos or slideshow in a blog ?!

KimBert [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, October 18, 2006
17 years ago2,350 views

Hi everybody,

i will go on a big vacation trip the next days and want to start a blog to tell my folks about my experiences i made. I just set up a Blogger account and tried to play with it a little.

What i'm wondering is the following..Is it possible to include many many pictures into one Blog post ? For example multiple pics of a city ? But i don't want to include them directly in the post (this would take too much time to load the page i guess), rather i would like to have thumbnails, a link to an external site, or perhaps even a slideshow ?

I know that there are many sites where i could host my pictures, but it also has to look "nice" on the blog. If I post 20 different links to pictures I've uploaded somewhere this really look ugly in the blog post.

I hope you're getting my point and can help me out with it. Thanks so far

KimBert

P.S: I know this is probably not the perfect place to ask these kind of questions, but i guess many people have a blog here or know more about the stuff than I do, so probably you could help me..or at least tell me another place where I could ask these questions ;)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

When you have Wordpress, it automatically creates a thumbnail when you upload a picture (or multiple pics) to it. Not sure about Blogger, I ran away from that service because of constant lags...

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You could use slideshare.net.
It's pretty basic, but simple to do.
More on:
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/71253.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!