Google Blogoscoped

Forum

No Div, Span in XHTML2

John [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, April 2, 2005
19 years ago

What happened to the post listed below? I have it in my RSS reader but clicking on the link takes me to a non-existent page.

Here's the scoop: "A W3C operative, speaking on condition of anonymity, has informed us that DIV and SPAN tags will be removed from the XHTML 2.0 specification. That is, they will no longer validate. Our source explained that while it may seem an ...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

John, I decided to remove it because I realized I already had around 20 posts today, most of them April Fool's! While this one was barely related to Google, I didn't want information overload for anyone reading along. But here's what the post read:

------------

No Div, Span in XHTML2

Here's the scoop [ http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/articles/css/div_less/] :

"A W3C operative, speaking on condition of anonymity, has informed us that DIV and SPAN tags will be removed from the XHTML 2.0 specification. That is, they will no longer validate. Our source explained that while it may seem an extreme measure, it must be done in order to achieve a state of semantic harmony. Our pages, and in some cases our persons, can and should become one with the Googlebot."

------------

John [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

:) Thanks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!