Google Blogoscoped

Forum

IE7 review---pass.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Monday, October 23, 2006
17 years ago2,258 views

Sitting here in SF Bay watching World Series, still a balmy 73 here while they are freezing in Detroit, and I thought, "I'll put on IE7."

ACK.

First time I started it up I got some "missing framework files" or whatever that is.

Second..third..and fourth times I had browser open and merely clicked on the red 'x' I got "Internet Explorer not responding."

System restore gave me back IE6, thanks.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I had no problems with downloading installing or using. But it's still bulky, slow, and mushrooming with every update. Not to mention it ugly- and reminds me of the AOL browser. They're probably going to find tons of security flaws and the toolbars are still messed up which has been a problem since the earliest releases. (When you add/remove toolbars, the toolbars on the dropdown list are named incorrectly)

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

reminding you of the AOL browser is not exactly an endorsement..LOL.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< (When you add/remove toolbars, the toolbars on the dropdown list are named incorrectly) >>

I had this problem years ago – I think it was with IE 5.5 and / or IE 6.0. (Definitely one of them, but maybe both...)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!