Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Bush Uses The Google  (View post)

Ed [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, October 24, 2006
17 years ago7,405 views

There are rumors that he uses the google on the internets.

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ah ha! My friend IMed me yesterday saying "'the google' *sigh*'. Now I know what that is all about.

Jack Hynes [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

It's gotta stick...

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ed: its a big conspiracy when when you put two together.... Bush uses the google on the internet's, where as Gore invented the internet. So much as the election miscounts and the war on iraq.

Since Bush has now revealed that he google's stuff, we should send me queries (via snail mail) on how to search for Osama.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

** we should send him queries ...

Jason [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I heard he uses Google Earth to randomly chose a new country to invade.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

On the video, he looks like really serious when he speak, just as if he really understand what he is talking about... ^^

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah serious..like the senator who said the internet is just like pipes connected together!!

btw, he always looks serious when he talks..but its so unformtunate that he looks serious.. and does not seriously work at what he talks about!!

Oren [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The man commands the largest array of Surveillance Satellites known to man (Most of which pwn Google's resolution by 2 full orders of magnitude) and that unabashed fucktard needs Google Maps to see his silly little ranch?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< I’ve used on the Google is to pull up maps. It’s very interesting to see – I forgot the name of the program >>

he forgot the name of the program?
what name can Google possibly give to a satellite programming?
Google Satellites? dont think so..!
lol

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[Edit: Fixed spelling error.]

John Sturgeon [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

When he was describing the name of the program that he 'forgot', he held his hand out like he was representing the flyover view, so he was probably talking about Google Earth, and simply forgot the name 'Google Earth'. Seems pretty normal to me.

Anybody quoted verbatim in an interview is pretty much going to sound like an idiot when you read it back, but if you actually *watch* it, it really isn't that bad.

ChrisCornell [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I'm surprised he even knows/has time for these kind of stuff (or he's probably just briefed by his secretaries or something). Still, you had to hand it to him man, for knowing at least a bit.

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I bet that all politicians including Bush uses Google to get keywords intelligence in order to use in their speech as well.
What I call speak it out man...

17 years ago #

> I bet that all politicians including Bush uses Google
> to get keywords intelligence in order to use in their
> speech as well.

You are assuming Bush writes his own speeches?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

And maybe he doesn't know where is the "spell check" button in MS Word? Oh no, impossible, he even doesn't know how to turn on a computer I think, so Word...

jf [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

hey – at least thats better than Tony Blair , who has never used a computer in his life. He hasnt sent one email , ever.

Laura [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It just shows how out of touch he is.

Edward [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

That's funny.In China ,the Prisdent never talks about something like this.I expect that someday our prisdent can say Wow,I use Baidu search sometimes....certainly,he will not use Baidu maps randomly to choose a country to invade.

Chris [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

"When he was describing the name of the program that he 'forgot', he held his hand out like he was representing the flyover view, so he was probably talking about Google Earth, and simply forgot the name 'Google Earth'. Seems pretty normal to me."

Yeah, like that one time I was doing a report on .. uhm those, guys... you know , the men, that lived in caves. way back in the day... whats the word im looking for??

point being he only said google about 5 times in the interview... thats half the title right there. It would have been better to say google satalite. or google flyby, or hell, even "The Google" again would have been fine.

But maybe I just expect too much from the presedent of, whats that place again, you know in America, with all the states that are like united...??

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You too, can write a speech for W.

http://www.actofme.co.uk/bush_speech/bushspeechwriter.html

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Only problem was that he may have typed THE with the domain name and ended up on some cybersquatter's fake Google website!

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The Bush Speechwriter is a scream!

Michael [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I am glad our president doesn't spend too much time online! I give him kudos for trying. My dad has college degrees up the ying yang and taught for more than 30 years – and sometimes to most learning impaired students – but put him on a computer and he is a lost cause. Someday when we are in our 60's, and our kids come to us with a new technology, I am certain that many of us will fumble with it too. If it wasn't for having bad eyes, my 87 year old grandmother wishes she can use the computer and would like to learn but fears it would screw with her eyes. She makes me laugh – when I tell her she can look up old friends online she replies "thats what the obituaries are for".

little bean [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

What do you expect from the Googler in chief.LoL

17 years ago #

Michael, not all old people automatically fear computers, and if they do, there are ways to help them lose the fear. My grandpa teaches web courses for elderly people and they're always happy to find out what they can do with stuff like Google.com.
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2004_10_20_index.html

the anti googler [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

"the google" enough said. why does he even use it? he has access to the DOD stuff thats classified?

[Anonymous] [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

I think that it's hilarious that Bush said 'the google,' although that doesn't help his rep. right now. I actually saw the interview between him and Maria and it was hilarious when he said it. At the time I didn't know his saying was going to become so famous, or else I would've taped it. ha ha....lol...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!