Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Page Creator

Wanda Taylor [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, October 25, 2006
17 years ago3,714 views

is there ANYONE who can tell me how to get my google page creator account cancelled without losing my google email??? i have been trying to get googles attention for six months.... they refuse any kind of support on a "free" feature – yet, all i want is out of this non-functioning piece of junk – hopefully i can find a way to delete my uploaded files so they are not permanently googles property!

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Select the pages you want to get rid of, and unpublish or even delete them.

And just trash your uploaded files.

Is it really that hard?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

not everyone is a Google freak like us Mambo, you know that.. :P

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That's true :) Sorry

Yeah, just follow my instructions and everything should be ok.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google should allow you to delete a service from your account (and all the data associated). They do that for Personalized search, Gmail and orkut, but they should do it for all the other services.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

YEs, Ionut has a point. The communiity needs a hassle free opt-out function for any service!! Google should never create /foster the silo base.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

And Browser Sync.

17 years ago #

thank you all for your comments...

yes, i have unpublished a couple pages, but you can't unpublish the homepage! and, i haven't discovered any way to get those files that i uploaded – deleted... help here if you know how... thanks,

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Clip on the Trashcan icon next to the names of the uploaded files to delete them.

Delete all text from your Homepage. :)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Log into your pages, you will see your uploaded stuff which has all the items. click on the dustbin alongside each file, that will delete the file.

17 years ago #

okay... i don't have a trashcan/dustbin beside the uploaded files??

also, i don't have the icons to add things to my post – all i can do is edit html.... not exactly functional!

i can't delete the homepage – any other pages can be deleted, but not the homepage?

now... how do i get out of this account? why can't i close that account? is anyone at Google actually available for the users???? thanks, ~wanda

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Wanda, dont forget its on beta phase.. :/

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Click the checkbox for the Home Page. Then, go to More Actions... then select Unpublish.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1904/tempia9.png

17 years ago #

Mambo...

i didn't ask how to unpublish... yes, i can unpublish and i have unpublished – i can't DELETE the homepage.... i also can't recover or delete the unploaded files... i want out of this account and i want my data released by google – is that possible???

David...

i can appreciate beta software – but, i can't buy not being able to get out of this account.... if i could close it and come back in with a new account, i might be able to get as much functionality as everyone else apparently is getting. this is a six month old issue that has been reported and isn't being resolved and what really bothers me is that no one else seems to have the problem??????????

17 years ago #

okay...

i didn't say that quite right! i have UNPUBLISHED MY HOMEPAGE – the system won't let me DELETE It. if i could accomplish that, i would be out of the account – which is of course what i can't seem to do????

i am quessing that it is impossible – but, would like some experts confirmation of the fact.

meanwhile, can anyone explain why i would have a version that allows nothing but the "edit html" – while others seem to be creating homepages? initially, i could insert pictures but i lost the button? is it a fact that no one can do this now????

maybe what i am looking for is a way to get new/corrected ACCESS to Page Creator. how can the Page Creator that i can access differ from everyone else in so many ways?

my URL is: http://pages.google.com/manager

a retired techie who really would like some assistance here.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Which browser were you using ?

17 years ago #

i am using Firefox.... got an idea???

17 years ago #

Firefox version 2.0 is what i now have – but, for the past six months of problem it was Firefox version 1.5..... no difference in the results.

17 years ago #

Sohill??? was that question about browser relevant to my problem?

i really want some kind of resolution... i am not concerned about using Page Creator in the future... but, i am very concerned about future problems with my blogspot because of google. i have months of work that i don't want to lose because google decides to integrate page creator..... WHOA!

Help me if you can... thanks, ~wanda

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It was only a lame hunch. Since Page Creator doesn't support Opera (and Safari, I think). Try it with IE.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!