Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Suggestions for this site / forum

Pete [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, July 6, 2004
20 years ago

i think your site would work better if the forum posts somehow linked in with your posts/articles better. at the minute you click 'discuss' but you are brought to the same page all the time and have to search to see if anyones talking about the article.
ive had you as my homepage for a month or so now and this is the only problem i have with your site.
maybe you could move the new post form to a new window or something as well, so its easy to see new posts without scrolling, or maybe put new posts on your homepage as well.

marek [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

i agree, why not having comments for each blog entry separately? ... maybe even showing number of comments under each post like most of the blogs do

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

20 years ago #

Yes I was looking to implement this feature. Unfortunately the Blogger-Pro software I'm using does not support comments at all in the old-mode (which my archive is using).

The new-mode implements comments, but you switch to another site, which is bad, and it also doesn't work fast. So I implemented this forum myself, and I am still looking for a way to directly link the "Discuss" of each entry to a separate thread.
Or at least, fill the "New thread" box with the appropriate title text if no thread exists so far.

Well, if any Blogger.com template expert can tell me how to do this it would be greatly appreciated!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!