Google Blogoscoped

Forum

gBrain!

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 1, 2006
17 years ago3,308 views

Well, sounds funny, but is a somewhat strange idea in a different sense:

"gBrain is a Firefox extension to automagically bookmark all pages you visit at the Google bookmark service. This effectively moves your browser history from your browser instance to a central place on the net (Google) where it is easily searchable from every computer."

http://www.splitbrain.org/projects/gbrain

Anybody already using it?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I created a Greasemonkey script a while ago that adds a little star on the corner of the page which will also save pages I want to save to GBookmarks, with one click. :D
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7403/untitledvy5.png
This would be a better solution than saving all the visited pages. :D

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Nice script Haochi. Too good for the bookmarklet? :P
gBrain would be nice if it wouldn't overwrite bookmarks that were already bookmarked :.

I'm fine just bookmarking the sites I know I want to see a lot(Or that I might forget). Firefox has a history search, its good enough for me.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

As I use Multiple PCs I use Google Bookmarks to store all Important sites, and use "Live Bookmarks" in Firefox to pull up all my bookmarks so I don't have to put all my Bookmarks in each time. This extension would clog up my "all" live bookmark, and I'm happy enough with GDesktop Web History anyway. (which can be searched from any PC with GD and your account details)

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Mrrix32. Maybe you should use a Firefox Extension for Google Bookmarks?
There are some good extensions for the service... ;)

Didn't think of Google Desktop's Web History sharing. Thats a good idea.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!